• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 500 Pump Action Customization and Modification

This morning started early 0400. Forgot to kill the alarm for the weekend. So I went out to the shop after a pot of coffee and finished well almost - exterior finish of the conversion. this is my new Mossberg 588A Super Cruiser. It has 500 furnature and pump slide with an 88 receiver internals so i'm calling it a 588A. Old Mossy respectfully sir, you can figure out which forum this belongs in because i don't know :). Please let me know where you put it. With a full load of 2 3/4" #8 skeet loads it holds 10 rounds in the magazine.
IMG_0762.JPGIMG_0763.JPG

Before anyone tries to do this mod I left out some critical details like the use of heat paste and all the precautionary methods and procedures I took to prevent overheating the barrel and cooking off the mechanical properties. The precautions taken test firing it, which went flawless by the way. I take no responsibility if you try this and blow yourself and or your gun up!:eek: Phipp 13 out!

We can leave this thread right here for now.
Maybe down the road merge it in the 500 customize and modification.
P.S. Great thread.:)

I called Wolf Spring Co for an extended tube spring. The good folks at Wolf hooked me up with a 45" mag spring PN 65167 for $6.59. They said just cut to fit. I also bought a Kicklite stock, Magpul fore end and a 7 3/4" Action slide. This week I hope to have it completed. I did take it out to the range today. It worked flawlessly. I can't wait till May 17th for our next tactical shotgun shoot at the gun club I'm a member of. :) More to come. phipp 13

Outstanding work Sir!

That is a work of art. The caliber of talent that amasses on this forum never ceases to amaze. Ideas are one thing, but to have the ability to execute it in practice is extraordinary...

I'm just getting started, Today some fore end parts arrived to make some adjustments to my Mossbergs. I have aquired a couple 500 trigger groups on the cheap to do some Trigger work to. I have already figured out the triggers are adjustable and with a .3125 4-40 set screw and some loctite you can adjust some of the travel out the trigger. The stock triggers are not bad but some improvements can be made as well as at the slide release. Shoten sells IMHO some killer slide release for right handed shooters. I'm a lefty and need something a little bit different. More to come. Phipp13

Phipp... fantastic job on this project! Looks like it came from the factory this way. And top that with the wood furniture, you've got yourself a winner!

This is pretty much the final configuration of my 3 amigos. A friend donated a nice air brush today. Next payday I'll get some dura coat and i'm thinking a nice digital camo job on the 588A. if i rally like it that much i just may cammo all of them.

FROM THE LEFT; 500A Persuader plus 7+1, 88 Cruiser 7+1, and 588A Super Cruiser 10+1:) I"ve been told often I'm a good shot. Happiness is having an extra round. Phipp
mossberg forum pic.jpg

Back