• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Bloomberg To Spend $50 Million On New Group

carbinemike

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
"Philanthropist"
Bloomy thinks he can trot out $50 million and build a group that would be the anti gun version of the NRA. It will encompass all of the groups that came before it. I guess he's finding that he can't always just buy the elections like he tried in the Colorado recall elections. I don't think it will work long term. I don't think they have enough hard core anti gunners to do what he wants. The new group will focus on mothers...gee, didn't they already try that with mom's demand action?

Former New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg will spend $50 million this year to build a nationwide grassroots network on gun control in a direct challenge to the National Rifle Association, The New York Times reported.
The new lobbying group, called Everytown for Gun Safety, will encompass other gun control groups funded by Bloomberg, Mayors Against Illegal Guns and Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America, the report said.
Bloomberg told the Times the strategy will focus on expanding the background check system for gun buyers at the state and national levels. He made nearly $14 million in federal campaign contributions for gun-control candidates in the 2012 elections.
"They say, 'We don’t care. We’re going to go after you,'" he said of the NRA. "'If you don’t vote with us we’re going to go after your kids and your grandkids and your great-grandkids. And we’re never going to stop.'"
The 2012 shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Connecticut —where a gunman used an assault rifle to kill 20 children and six others— led some cities and states to enact laws banning high-capacity magazines.
Bloomberg's group will target 15 states, including places where gun control laws have been implemented recently, and parts of the country seen as gun-friendly like Texas, Montana and Indiana, the Times reported.
Bloomberg said the organization will focus on women, especially mothers.
“You’ve got to work at it piece by piece,” he said. “One mom and another mom. You’ve got to wear them down until they finally say, ‘Enough.'"
Also planning campaign activity this year is Americans for Responsible Solutions, a gun-control group headed by former Rep. Gabrielle Giffords, D-Ariz., and her husband, ex-astronaut Mark Kelly.
The group reported late Tuesday that its political committee has raised nearly $14.5 million since it was founded in January 2013, and it plans to spend its money on federal and state races, said spokesman Mark Prentice.
Giffords was severely wounded in a Jan. 8, 2011, shooting rampage that killed six people and injured 13.
The National Rifle Association spent nearly $20 million on federal campaign activity in 2012 races. Its true strength, though, is viewed as its claimed 5 million members, many of whom consider gun issues strongly when voting.

Last edited:
You’ve got to wear them down until they finally say, ‘Enough.'"

Really?

So the plan is to get a bunch of soccer moms to hen peck law abiding gun owners until they get fed up and turn over their guns? It probably sounds really empowering in a committee meeting, but I doubt the new yuppie mom crowd truly has a grasp on the "from my cold dead hands" resolve of free men. I mean seriously, between ordering Starbucks, shopping at Whole Foods, watching The View, dropping their kids off at soccer practice or Mommy's day out, and popping Zoloft like skittles, when will they ever find the time?

It's gonna take more than a bunch of women spewing bull$#!+ about something they don't even understand to get me to surrender my Constitutional rights. Sorry ladies but if my own wife gave up trying to convince me that I don't need to buy MORE guns, how the hell do you plan to get through to me? When you get a good argument put together, you can find me on the gun range...

While bloomberg is a player, he is far from the biggest.

Many of the antigun groups in the US are funded overseas.

Just look at the big statue in front of the United Nations hq in New York, and just do some research about IANSA and others.

Not to plug one of my own videos, but, there are some relevant points in it to this conversation.

I was wondering how he can call it "grassroots" if he's bank rolling it $50 million?

Bloomberg certainly has a high opinion of himself. This was in regard to his efforts on smoking, obesity and guns:
“I am telling you if there is a God, when I get to heaven I’m not stopping to be interviewed. I am heading straight in. I have earned my place in heaven. It’s not even close.”

“I am telling you if there is a God, when I get to heaven I’m not stopping to be interviewed. I am heading straight in. I have earned my place in heaven. It’s not even close.”

^Sounds like someone is in for one heck of a surprise.

Ephesians 2:8,9
8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith —and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9 not by works, so that no one can boast.

Matthew 19:24
Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God."

John 3:3
Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

I John 1:8
If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us

Ecclesiastes 7:20
For there is not a just man upon earth, that doeth good, and sinneth not.

Titus 3;5,6
he saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit, 6 whom he poured out on us generously through Jesus Christ our Savior,

Romans 3:20
Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

Last edited:
Tickets aren't for sale, but you gotta know the guy with the free passes ;)

I don't think it would be in anyones' best interest to just think they're going to just march right straight in without answering to anyone. That's just asinine. I can all but guarantee that you'd be put in your place, not unlike someone just barging into one of our houses without an invitation.

Proverbs 16:18
A man's pride brings him low, but a man of lowly spirit gains honor.

I have to wonder if these groups that bloomie funds are tax deductible for him. With what he rakes in he probably needs all the deductions he can get.

You don't to the level he's at without knowing how to side track a few annoying tax laws...

A grassroots effort has already shown up to counter Bloomy. Apparently s slew of "everytown" Facebook pages have sprung up, all started by pro gunners that are mocking him. The one I saw already has 10,000+ likes. In comparison the ceasefirePA page has been around for a long time and has 5000 likes, even after pandering several times for people to help increase the number.

He can burn his money however he wants. I sure don't want him telling me how I can or cannot burn mine, though. Take care. Tom Worthington

A grassroots effort has already shown up to counter Bloomy. Apparently s slew of "everytown" Facebook pages have sprung up, all started by pro gunners that are mocking him. The one I saw already has 10,000+ likes. In comparison the ceasefirePA page has been around for a long time and has 5000 likes, even after pandering several times for people to help increase the number.
Yep - the grassroots set have blocked him well on FB. There are HUNDREDS of 'everytown' pages. i know some folks who have tied up some web addresses that he probably would have liked in his portfolio. I think we have a free web host that will direct them to one or more of the gun positive FB pages.

Maybe that'll just piss off the grabbers but i like the grass roots set taking him on. 'Backbone and brains' beats 'stupid with money' in my book!!

Back