• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

ATR Synthetic stock bedding

atrproject

Copper BB
Would glass bedding my ATR 100 with the stock synthetic stock increase it's accuracy ? Most bedding that I have seen or heard of are on wood stocks or synthetic stocks with metal pillars.

From what I understand there is no need for bedding synthetic stocks as they don't warp like wood will. The point of glass bedding is that glass is a poor conductor of heat thus it won't allow hear from the barrel to get to the wood and warp it. Again, this is all speculation because I don't totally know for sure.

It can help. My ATR in '06 I haven't bedded and it shoots very well. I haven't done much work with it but my reloads usually shoot under 1" at 115 yards. My 4x4 in .338Win didn't shoot as well. Not even close. The way the 4x4 has the magazine holder sandwiched between the action and stock allows it to wiggle when firing. I used JB Weld to bed the magazine holder into the stock and then the action on top of that. It took the groups from 3-5" down to around an inch. Sooo, it may increase the accuracy, but if your ATR already shoots under 1" at 100, you may not gain anything.

Back