• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg® Announces Partnership with Red Jacket Firearms™

DHonovich

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Sponsor
"Philanthropist"
Mossberg® Announces Partnership with Red Jacket Firearms™

Firearms Series to be Unveiled at NRA with Appearances by Will Hayden and Joe Meaux

North Haven, CT – O.F. Mossberg & Sons, Inc, America’s oldest family-owned and operated firearms manufacturer, is announcing a multi-year agreement with Red Jacket Firearms and the stars of the reality-based TV series, Sons of Guns, to include a branded series of shotguns and rifles developed in conjunction with the Red Jacket Firearms team. The first three firearms in the Red Jacket Series will be unveiled at the 2014 National Rifle Association Meetings & Exhibits in Indianapolis, Indiana. Red Jacket’s Will Hayden, Founder, and Joe Meaux, Chief Executive Officer, will appear each day from 1pm to 3pm in the Mossberg booth #6645 at the Indiana Convention Center, home of this year’s NRA Convention.

Marine Corps veteran and reenactment enthusiast, Will Hayden launched his Louisiana-based, custom firearms manufacturing business in 1999 and Red Jacket Firearms soon earned the moniker as “the nation’s most unique weapons business.” Hayden was joined at the helm by Red Jacket Partner, Stephanie (Hayden) Ford, his daughter at the age of 18. Stephanie serves as the company’s firearms-savvy Business Manager, but she is also a dedicated advocate for gun safety, firearms training and wetlands conservation in her home state. Kris Ford, Production Manager, joined the family business in 2009 and under Will’s tutelage soon became a gun builder, munitions enthusiast and eventually, his son-in-law. Joe Meaux may serve as CEO, but his passions lie in the mechanics and physics of firearms design and being an exceptional marksman. Once just a hobby for Meaux, he began building the “impossible” when he joined Red Jacket in 2009. And the final member of the team is forensic firearms expert, Charlie Watson. He moonlights at Red Jacket as their technical troubleshooter and has an ardent love for the science of weaponry. Together they share their latest projects on the top-rated, Sons of Guns TV series, which currently airs on the Discovery Channel® each Friday at 9/8c.

“With a common dedication to innovative firearms designs and reliability, Mossberg is pleased to partner with the Red Jacket Firearms team to bring a series of custom tactical shotguns and rifles to the marketplace,” commented Iver Mossberg, CEO. “The Red Jacket brand is unparalleled with their focus on precision, physics and a desire to build ‘what can’t be done’ in the world of firearms.”

“Our partnership with Mossberg will allow more gun enthusiasts to experience the custom features of Red Jacket Firearms in a more affordable platform,” stated Will Hayden, Founder, Red Jacket Firearms, Inc. “Our companies share like-mindedness in bringing cutting-edge designs and well-built firearms to our customers.”

Mossberg has worked with Hayden and his team to develop a line of branded “Red Jacket Firearms” across multiple categories including the first three in the series: MVP™ Red Jacket Tactical Target bolt-action rifle, 500®

FLEX™ Red Jacket Turkey/Security Shotgun Combo and 590® Red Jacket Tactical shotgun. For more information on the Mossberg Red Jacket Series and other signature series, please visit our web site at www.mossberg.com or follow us on www.facebook.com/MossbergOfficial.

Safety and safe firearms handling is everyone’s responsibility.

Red Jacket Firearms™ is a registered trademark of Red Jacket Firearms, Inc. Discovery Channel is a registered trademark of Discovery Communications, LLC.

I'm curious to see what they do here.

The show was entertaining, but I lost interest after the first season or so. Seemed they were doing more restoring and rebuilding than anything. Their shotguns and AKs with integrated suppressors are definitely attention getters, but I seriously doubt we'll see anything like that from this partnership. I expect this will be another case of slapping their logo on the side of existing models and charging a premium...

Talk about striking the iron while it's hot...

Not!

The first season seemed like they could do no wrong, then it quickly went down hill, I didn't see all of the episodes, but enough.

I'm curious to see what they do here.

The show was entertaining, but I lost interest after the first season or so. Seemed they were doing more restoring and rebuilding than anything. Their shotguns and AKs with integrated suppressors are definitely attention getters, but I seriously doubt we'll see anything like that from this partnership. I expect this will be another case of slapping their logo on the side of existing models and charging a premium...
I am of the same mindset with this one...only time will tell though.

At least it's better than teaming with other reality actors and making the "Kardashian Chainsaw" or "Honey Boo Boo 715T".

Last edited:
What could possibly go wrong?

OK, maybe that was a bit harsh and too sarcastic, but there are a lot of threads scattered around the internet that would make me think twice about the endeavor.

Just one example:
http://www.uzitalk.com/forums/showt...-!-2-year-wait-excuses-and-full-voicemail-box.

" 2+ year wait, excuses, and full voicemail box."

I don't know @John A. ,

The way things are going with customer service lately that sounds like a perfect fit for Mossberg! :eek:

I would wait a fair amount of time for a unique take on some of the Mossberg shotguns, something I couldn't get somewhere else, and I would be willing to pay a premium.

But an RJF logo on something I can buy myself, not so much.

Sent from my Apple Newton in 1993 with 640k of RAM

if i make it to the convention ill see what i can find out. i plan to go but my to do is backlogged quite a way.

Not impressed with this match up honestly. Lost interest in the show after the first season too....way too much drama. Not enough builds...

You guys do know the BATF took away his FFL in 2010 and since then he has had to rely on one employee after another to hold the FFL for him and keep his business open.

Yup.

The BATF gets a little grumpy when a bunch of guns go missing. As I understand it, their head gunsmith Vince Buckles held the FFL until they parted ways and he left the show. Pretty sure Joe Meaux is the FFL holder now...

Maybe Mossberg CS can take a few notes from RJF CS?

Maybe RLF CS can take a few notes from Mossberg CS?

I do not know which is worse....

Oh snap I can't wait to see the tacticool abominations to come!:eek: IMHO Guns are not Christmas trees, It kills me to see people hanging as much tactical stuff as they can on a gun. V/R Phipp

Woo! That's funny right there.....funny I say.

Back