• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 500/590 Aftermarket Stock OPTIONS

yep, if you keep the barrel lead free on a Mossberg 500/590 the rest of it can run dry and dirty with no ill effects to performance and cycling. It isn't necessary to take the bolt and trigger group out every time you clean the barrel. if it starts to feel sluggish on the cycle while your not running ammo through it then you can clean it up but it takes a great many rounds or dropping it in the mud to get it that dirty.
A lot of pistol grip stocks are like that , blocking the removal of the trigger group, its not just the Knoxx/Blackhawk

I just got a new Choate Mark V (5) Pistol Grip Stock.:) It fits great and my newest attempt to get over the crap Blackhawk Spec-Ops junk.:(

I have a Choate Pistol Grip Stock on a Mossy auto and it just fits great. My kid love to only shoot with the shotgun with a pistol grip. I just got this Choate Mark V (5) Pistol Grip Stock for my Mossy 500. I will try it tactically on a course (00 Buck) next month. Also will on trap, Sheet, Sporting Clays shooting also.

I had purchased another Kick Lite stock at the Gun Show in Chantilly VA back around December. I finally took it out of the package this week and was surprised that I had gotten taken. It looked the same as my other Kick Lite, same package but, the roll pin went thru the back side and it was fixed! There was NO spring and NO spring retaining cap in the end after taking the shoulder stock off. I called Phoenix Technologies LTD in NC. tucked tail, explained my dilemma, and asked if they would sell me a spring and end cap? Brenda @ Kick Lite said NO but, If I send it back to them they would replace the part with a good one! They would rather have a happy customer, shooting with a safe product. They are a family owned company and really care about their customers. That is a rare these days! All 4 of my Mossberg Shot guns will be Kick Lite equipped. GOOD COMPANY GOOD PRODUCT

Yes it was a very good deal. Brenda, the Operations Manager was very nice and genuine. I could tell she was really busy too. I buy their stocks because they really work. I usually have my wife or one of my grown kids shooting with me. My oldest son 24 he's a gunners mate and a SAMI the kick is no problem for him and I. My wife and my 2 younger kids 19&20 can't hang shooting a few boxes of 12 guage at the skeet range. :)

I know every little bit helps.

It's good to have options that will keep them out there shooting with you...

Anyone know the LOP of the stock on the Hogue set #05012 for the Mossberg? It's the standard Hogue replacement set.
No info as far as LOP is listed on their website.

Too bad, I'm looking for something more short. CDNN has the Hogue #05012 set for $39.99 if anyone is interested!

12 inch LOP Hogue is what I have on one of my 870's and I love it. 13 or 13.5 inch might work OK, but I know I like the 12 inch LOP. The Mossberg factory stock on my Persuader measured 14+ LOP. I have a Pro Mag M4 style stock on my Persuader now, but just prefer a standard style stock for HD.

Thank you Sir, I'm kinda fond of it myself.

Need to snap new one with the MO Spartan logo decal on the stock...

So I installed the Mako/FAB forend on my 500 and I love the way it looks.

What I don't love is that it rattles and wobbles like a sonofabitch......

Is that normal?
Did I do something wrong?

I also got the Black Aces Tactical top rail as well.

I am pleased with how it looks.

So with just the handle grip on it, it honestly handled a bit awkwardly, but looked cool as hell.

As I was writing this post, I went over and swapped out the handle for the included full length fixed stock and dry fired a couple times.

I am now officially in love with my new 500. Now I just have to choose the right stock.

I am thinking something collapsible, but not the swinging kind, with a cheek riser.

Sent from my Apple Newton in 1993 with 640k of RAM

Last edited:
I am now officially in love with my new 500. Now I just have to choose the right stock.

I am thinking something collapsible, but not the swinging kind, with a cheek riser.

Sent from my Apple Newton in 1993 with 640k of RAM

I would suggest the ATI Talon T2 model. Very sturdy, and comfortable. The kit I got included Stock w/ aluminum buffer tube, forend and adapters for fitment, as well as the adjustable cheek riser.

Sent from HTC One (M8)

Well, yeah, but I wasn't meaning it as a sales pitch. I really think that stock would fit what you need best.

Sent from HTC One (M8)

Back