• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

AR lower

I have the mid size BCM Gunfighter handle and often wish I went with the large. Next one for me will be ambi as well. When I take the RDS off and mount the scope, the handle sits under the eyepiece and is kind of a pain. (I mount mine pretty far aft).

I'll probably get the Bravo Company BCG but I'd like to eventually try the NiB Koolaid and see if it's all it's cracked up to be. The Rainier NiB BCG cost about the same as the BCM so maybe now is the time to give it a shot.

screw your friends, its your rifle built for you, if they want to shoot it tell them to shoot the way man was intended, right handed

I went looking online at ambi charging handles as I have friends that shoot lefty man there expensive!

I put an oversized Badger Ordnance latch on my bench gun. Charging it with my left hand palm is more comfortable/practical when seated...

Badger Ord. Latch.jpg

Badger Ord. Latch.jpg

While technically still a right hand latch, it certainly makes ambidextrous operation a lot easier. The part costs less than $20 and it replaces the factory latch. Installation is simple and only takes a couple minutes...

I always charge the AR with my left hand. More specifically, my left trigger and middle finger.

I must be doing it wrong.

When standing I hold the rifle by the magwell with my left hand and charge it with my right index and middle finger...

Guys....your right its my rifle if you can't deal with it....tough :) I do like the oversized handle idea I might use it! I have one buddy that is right handed but shoots lefty. LES ..the magwell right haned charge might work for him ,my fault I promised him a chance to squeeze off a few rounds!

Since LES put it on a bench gun no big deal but sling that puppy and that oversized latch might not be so inviting lol. rdm76mav88, Lefty or not an ambi design can be very welcome just in case something hit the fan and your one arm short with an injury or something. Your right they are a bit more spendy though.

ambi for pistols yeah because its perfectly shootable and manipulated one handed, a rifle , not so much. Ambi on an AR if for lefties and mstly the selector at that .The military makes lefties shoot right and I shoot barrier drills that force left handed shooting all the time and never once wished I had an ambidextrous set up

your right on the latch, I have the Vltor/BCM gunfighter with the longest latch and when slung across my back it is pokey.....but I put up with it because the benefits outweigh that very slight discomfort for me anyway. Slung in the front or over one shoulder and its not at all pokey

Jgwillis....I have thought about the SHTF situation but a ambi handle isnt in the budget maybe in the future I am looking into a good charging handle that isn't wimpy!

Whats people opinion on slings is there an active thread on them off to do a search!

I'm with oli on the ambi latch being unnecessary.

Right or left handed shouldn't matter. Either way a standard latch is designed for two finger operation and can as easily be released with the left hand as the right...

Thanks guys all I needed to hear! Still like suggestions on good handles looking for something robust like the BCM gunfighter? just a bit more then budget but I'm trying to buy good parts the first time!

Honestly from my research the BCM seems to be the sweet spot pick for what it is considering the price compared amongst the other offerings. I agree with you guys on the ambi not being a necessity. In some scenarios it could be a welcome addition for some. Each to his or her own. As they said your just as capable with a standard located latch.

Thanks guys all I needed to hear! Still like suggestions on good handles looking for something robust like the BCM gunfighter? just a bit more then budget but I'm trying to buy good parts the first time!
If you want a long latch, get a handle that’s made for a long latch. When you install a long latch to an OEM handle you move the stress to places the OEM handle was not meant to take. Do some research on the subject and you will see plenty of broken handles and broken latch pins due to the added leverage the long latch creates. I really love the long latch, the Gunfighter is strong, I have worn a lot of the finish off mine on the edges and have “mortared” a couple bad reloads….slamming it to the ground and it isn’t showing any hint of stressing it out, other than the finish wearing off….it gets shot a shit ton
It is well worth scrounging up an extra 20 bucks because if that part goes , How are you going to chamber a round on a closed bolt ?

What's people opinion on slings is there an active thread on them off to do a search!
Two point quick adjust for me. I like Specter Gear on QD swivel/studs.
No padding, just ads bulk and for a rifle that weighs 8 pounds or less ….if you need padding, well …..yeah.
I have packed my rifle for hours and miles on end, no padding necessary. Once you have on a pack, maybe a chest rig or something , if everything has padding it’s a pain .

You need both at some point so go with which ever one that is in stock or the best deal at the moment. If you can get either one of them on a killer sale right now that is what I'd gravitate towards. Every dollar you can save here and there equates to shots down range once the beast is completed.

Anyone with a sportsman's guide members club want to strike up a deal? I think they hsve the barrels in stock still? I'd be willing to send the money before the purchase is made of course!

Back