• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Weapon Mounted Tactical Lights/Lasers

3T Tactical already has the prototype built for the Mossberg version of the S.T.U.D. and it will be available
very soon!

been wanting to get one for my AR......have you noticed if it is a spot or a flood type beam? Have you used it outside yet ?

I did some night shooting a couple days ago and my TLR-1s was good to bout 50 yards but after that I wanted a more focused beam.

I had it out on the deck last night and it lit up the back yard all the way to the fence. The sucker it bright! In the house there was so much ambient reflection it lit up my entire living room and half of the kitchen when pointed at the floor. I did take it outside and it lit the yard all the way to the back in about a 10-15 foot wide area once it got to the fence...

yeah to a certain point its great but it hits a spot at about 40 yards and the light disperses fast, just what it was meant for but with my AR its not quite enough, outside.

I think the HP is what I am looking for, whish he could shine to 100 yards but I bet it works. The HL is impressive as it lights all the targets at 50 which would have a nice advantage as well

ive got the TLR 4 on my bedside handgun, and about once a week i have to step out the back door an scan for coyotes because the dogs are goin ape crazy. i think it illuminates well enough at 100 to identify and engage a target. i would not have a problem telling the difference between one of our medium sized dogs, and a coyote.

Last edited:
never messed with a TLR4, I had my TLR1 on my AR and shooting through the red dot at night, in the rain, I was only really 100% at about 50 yards.

This is what I came up with for a light mount. The mount itself stays hard mounted to the rifle, and the light can be carried everyday, or on gear. Then simply drop it in and lock it down.

its a combination of this
http://www.ebay.com/itm/19085707361...eName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649 which is a fully fixed mount. but i drilled the center hole to use the lockdown from this

http://www.ebay.com/itm/19085707361...eName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649 which is a quick detach, but it detaches the entire mount, not just the light itself.

only 40 bucks total.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1400800700083.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1400800700083.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
Thanks. It looks a little K-mart, and I still need to loc-tite the nut, and field test to make sure I don't lose parts when its not clamped down. But its a start. I also realised I pulled a boner when I went with the single rail front gas block. Now I have no front attaching point for a sling. I'm going to set down one evening an see if I can get a short pic rail and use longer clamping screws in the flashlight mount to attach it 90 degrees. Laserlyte has an L mount that will drop right on but not sure if i would trust it as a sling point.

@Shoten Tactical I've been thinking about the S.T.U.D. I have the mossberg 500. I'm wondering when they expect the 500 version to be out?

I'm not sure if I'm willing to spend $200 for something so slimline. I have light switches all over my house which work very well.

Can still see the shiny where I had to drill the aluminum for the bigger bolts, but this was my solution to adding another rail for a sling mount. Definitely trust it more than the eBay special L mounts.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1401582639193.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1401582639193.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 30
So I purchased the UTG light/laser combo and its awesome. It came with pressure switches for both laser and the light however I only hooked up the light to the pressure switch. I'm looking for a better way to mount the switch. The stick on Velcro didn't stick well at all and I tried some double sided foam tape but that didn't stick either. Any suggestions?

I've got a TLR HL and a TLR S for the handguns. The HL with 600 lumen is overkill for indoor work so the standard 300 lumen resides on my go to nightstand gun now. I've got the HL on my bug out kit gun. For the shotgun and AR I like the polytac led arrangement but the TLR would equally be right at home there.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404688762.927032.jpg
The TLR1S to me us perfect for house hood use. Not to bright, good light cone ( you know what I mean). Gas the strobe feature. It will fit on my Colt AR15, Mossy, Glockor anything else I have. Setting beside it is a hand held Streamlight with the same features, but a lot more lumens.( I believe one should have both for clearing ones house). Anyways, just my $0.02.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back