• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Beretta

I just ordered a 96a1 for my fiance but may end up keeping it for myself and order her the 92a1...I will post up pictures when it arrives.

To the Cougar owners out there, how have these guns held up over the years. I am getting ready to get my first hand gun in the next few months, and have a Stoeger Cougar 8000f as my top pick for now. I have searched online to find mostly very old reports from the mid 2000s and would love to hear a more current account on the longevity of these apparently underrated guns. Any info, from actual owners would be greatly appreciated.

I know the Beretta models are built like tanks and have held up well.

Been looking for a Cougar .45 for a few years. Haven't heard or read much feedback on the Stoeger models though. You might stop by the Beretta forum and do some reading over there. I'm a member on that board as well and there are some good people over there who may be able to provide some first-hand feedback...

http://www.berettaforum.net/vb/index.php

I just picked this up at my favorite pawn shop. It's a Beretta Model 70S. It was marked as un-shootable, but I've gone thru it completely, and with 2 parts it'll be shooting again. The previous owner broke a small piece off the flared end of the guide rod, and he lost a tiny little E-clip. I've already ordered the 2 parts and it should be back in 100% condition within 2 weeks when the parts get here. I picked it up for $106 out the door, so it was an exceptional buy. It's in about 90-95% condition with the standard wear marks on a few of the high spots, but it'll be mechanically perfect soon, I'm going to shoot it and probably throw it in the glovebox of the car.

I have to replace the guide rod. and the Trigger pin e-clip. The two parts cost me less than $25 to get ordered, and I should have them by the middle of next week,

Here's a photo if it

Gregory

Beretta announces the new M9A3

http://www.beretta.com/en-us/berett...eration-handgun-to-the-department-of-defense/

M9A3-b1.jpg

Looks to me like they're just bringing back the 92 Vertec frame...

vertec.jpg

Other than the spiffy new color it looks like they've modified the original rail and added the M9 style checkering to the front and back straps. I'm curious to get my hands on one to see what they changed in the guts...

Dang, @ $11,000, it doesn't even have a light rail or gold and platinum inlays.

I think LES' inox is just as pretty.

Back