• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Question with pics

eh, that $hit'll buff out.
Lmao @ ^^^

I'm just more worried about finding it! At this point I'm not 100% sure on the direction I threw it and the woods are pretty overgrown out there! But oh well! There are a lot worse ways to spend a few hours than stomping through the woods!

Well gents, the hunt begins tomorrow! Went and grabbed a machete and a bushax from my uncle this afternoon and I will be hitting the woods in the A.M. in search of gold!! ;)

Well no luck today gents. I did figure out that there used to be an old house in the woods. I found remnants of the house. Old glass jars and bottles. Old cups. An old baseball. And even an old antique piece of farm equipment. I'm gonna go out there after church tomorrow and see if I can liberate it from the vines that have it all wrapped up. Who knows I may be able to get enough money from it to buy the barrel I want!

za8ydu8y.jpg

Nah shouldn't be to bad. It is mostly just vines. I would have ripped them out yesterday but I didn't have any gloves and there are a lot of thorns in there!

A friend of mine bought an old farm east of Louisville several years ago. His wife made a killing on the stuff they just found rotting in the property. Wood burning stoves, tools, equipment, dishes, etc. She found a wood box filled with very old matching door hardware (hinges, knobs, lock sets) and he said they took a vacation from the proceeds from it alone.

There's apparently some valuable stuff rotting out there in the woods and buried in collapsed barns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I hit the woods again this afternoon and lo and behold, right where I was looking yesterday, I found this!

hybyba9u.jpg

2ehy2eje.jpg

5ateheny.jpg

It was literally a couple feet away from me in a small thicket of vines that I had stomped all around yesterday! I was standing there looking around and just happened to look over and see it sticking up out of the dirt. I almost broke my neck getting over to it! I was dancing around like a little kid! I'm sure the squirrels got a kick out of watching me! Lol

Now I gotta soak the nut in something to break it loose because it won't budge. Any body got any suggestions? I'm gonna run a wire brush through it to clean it out as there is a couple years worth of dirt and gunk in there and then I will try to get some pics of the inside of the barrel.

I was really starting to give up hope. Those woods are super thick and the vines are redonkulous!!!

Whatever knucklehead cut it took about six inches off but there is still plenty of barrel there to do what I need to!

Thanks bud! I kinda wish I would have taken a pic of where I found it but I was so excited I wanted to get my hands on it before it dissapeared or something! Lol

u8yzurup.jpg

e4atare8.jpg

So this is what the barrel looks like after I ran a cleaning brush through it. It is definitely gonna take some work!

Nice find.

I would soak it in a pan of some kind of rust buster for a few days and then hit it with the brushes and wire wheels.;)

If it were me I would be using brass wire brushes and things instead of steel, that way you aren't scoring or damaging the metal. I also second the soaking, maybe WD40

I picked up some wd40 (didn't know I was out!) and some steel wool. I saw some stuff in the paint section of Wal-Mart that was called rust buster but it specifically said on the label that it would remove blueing from firearms. So I'm kinda hesitant about that. But I'm thinking the blue is pretty much shot anyway so I may wind up going that route.

Back