• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Tapco polymer SKS mags

John A.

Unconstitutional laws are not laws.
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
This is probably going to be less of a review, and more bragging for their customer service dept.

While the mags are much better now than in years past, I like the newer redesigned polymer SKS mags. With that said, I have one that would occasionally malfunction in the SKS bullpup by the bolt riding over the next cartridge not picking it up (failure to feed).

So, I drop them an email and they replied on the next business day with a prepaid shipping label, and 4 days later, I had a new mag in my hand. No questions, no hassle, just good customer service.

That's what keeps me coming back.

Nice. I've seem a lot of Tapco hate on various forums but I've always had good luck with their products. Hearing that about their CS makes me like them even more.

I've seen a lot too. Mostly in the form of "crapco", but I've also had pretty good experience with their products. And now knowing that they didn't give me any fuss and made it right, that's all that I can reasonably expect.

I can understand that a spring may not be pushing up hard enough. I can understand maybe having a burr inside a mag that slowed the follower travel or a whole host of other things, and in a perfect world, that wouldn't happen, but I don't live in a perfect world and I appreciate that they handled it the way they did. They probably broke even, or maybe even lost a dollar on that mag purchase after paying for shipping both ways on an $18 magazine, but they gained a customer that is going to buy more stuff from them in the future.

I've been running these Tapco AK mags for years...

No telling how many thousands of rounds I've put through them and never had any issues...

Back