• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Video of the NEW Mossberg 500 CHAINSAW!!!

2011 brought us the chainsaw and the Blackwater series... What will 2012 bring?

We'll see what the Honovich crew finds at SHOT!!!

TENDOtech said:
Mossberg 500 Chainsaw upgrade, makes you wish Zombies were real. Added TacStar 6-shell holder and Blackhawk shotgun sling with 15-shell capacity. For a total of 27 rounds slung over your shoulder

WHOA! Who said zombies are not real? :eek:

I live in the desert and have never even seen a tree before in person, but just in case they ever invade.

Now I just need spend hard earned money on,

some co-witness sights
a muzzle brake/flashhider/breacher tip
a 3 point sling
AR-15 style stock , ( even tho I wont be able to reach the on / off button )
some good laser sights
expanded gas tank +4 gallon
a bright led light

:D

Attachments

• wtf.jpg
    wtf.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 889
  • WOTR-Ent-port.jpg
    WOTR-Ent-port.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 878
Whoa! Yeah, this can't be for hunting. It's got to be marketed towards people who are familiar with guns but are not good at shooting. Or maybe it's simply for close quarter defensive purposes (just aim "towards" the target and shoot). Cool idea as far as looks but I have no idea how that might work out in an emergency situation.

Garmonbozia said:
Wtf was mossberg thinking when they put that together?
Probably product placement in a Schwartzenegger action film followed by widespread demand and increased profits. But . . .

The Missus and I bought one as our Christmas present to each other back in 2011. After learning local ranges don't allow pistol grips, we hired a RO/SO to give us a "lesson" on it to get around the range rules. It was a blast, and we quickly learned how to be adequately accurate from the waist (not hip) firing position - by "adequately accurate" I mean hitting stationary clays at 20' over 95% of the time. But . . .

I wanted that last 5%, too, so I replaced the weed-eater grip with a front pistol grip and took another "lesson" last month with it in this configuration (referred to in another thread as "Notachainsaw"):
notachainsaw.jpg

As you might guess, my accuracy with the new grip held at eye level (no rear sight on a Chainsaw) was just as good, maybe a little better. But . . .

I was having trouble getting the sling short enough to use it isometrically as a stock, and the Knoxx popped me once in the upper lip, right below the nose. I also found it's much more tiring (at 66) to hold a loaded shotgun at eye level (without a shoulder stock and safely away from my face) than at waist level. So . . .

I've ordered an ATI side-folding stock for it (same model that's on my Ruger Mini-14 Tactical) so I can run either position (waist with stock folded, or eye with stock unfolded). I won't know which foregrip I want to use until the new stock is installed, but I'm thinking I'll go back to the weed-eater. There's no place in our house I can shoot farther than 20' and I've learned to use the LED light under the barrel as a wide-focus pointer for low-light situations.

All of which brings me to my understanding of the purpose of a Chainsaw:
It's a PLATFORM upon which you can experiment. The factory gives you one outside-the-box possibility to stimulate your imagination, but the purpose is to combine home defense with FUN (during "training").

The only real drawback so far has been that I can't find a zippered case that can hold the Chainsaw with its weed-eater handle in place . . . .

I like the to each his own comment. I heard so many people bad mouth the 464 spx. I like cowboy guns, and I like black rifles. Mix them together with a pinch of imagination, ends up being a perfect rifle for me. Besides a small civilian market, let's preassume that they wanted a military market breacher weapon.

. . . I've ordered an ATI side-folding stock for it (same model that's on my Ruger Mini-14 Tactical) so I can run either position (waist with stock folded, or eye with stock unfolded). I won't know which foregrip I want to use until the new stock is installed, but I'm thinking I'll go back to the weed-eater. There's no place in our house I can shoot farther than 20' and I've learned to use the LED light under the barrel as a wide-focus pointer for low-light situations. . . .
Update to the update (16 months later):
Still have the folding ATI stock and laser aiming device with led light on ours. Went back to the Chainsaw's weed-eater foregrip (no underbarrel grip now). The Missus likes it that way, so it's kept on her side of the bed (upstairs bedroom), and I bought a TNW AR-style 9mm pistol with laser/light for my side.

Still no opportunities to use the Chainsaw on a BG . . . . :(

BTW, even with its top handle attached, it fits in an Eddy Finn baritone ukulele case:
51Zf4f8vwXL._SL500_SS100_.jpg

Last edited:
A friend of mine has one of these, and I was impressed by the natural pointing accuracy he had with it. He was punching out milk jugs at 10 yds without a miss. His wife wasn't doing so well with it though. The recoil set he back with laughter pretty firmly. It's a door breacher for sure. But using it from the inside shooting out won't be a good idea. It will also be a really good broom for sweeping a hallway with scatter shot and clearing an area quickly.
I can't get the video to post.

Back