• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

stock question

If the Mav88 is a 20ga no problem, same receiver.

If the Mav88 is a 12ga it will fit but you will have a small lip where the stock meets the receiver.

Thank you. The reason I ask is I would like a shorter stock on my 88. The reach seems a little long and uncomfortable. Any suggestions?

WOW old mossy, thank you so much for the thorough answer and information. I will research all you have shared. Looks like this is something I can do myself. I appreciate the time you took to share with me. Thanks again!

Thank you. The reason I ask is I would like a shorter stock on my 88. The reach seems a little long and uncomfortable. Any suggestions?

Mossberg makes a "bantam" youth-sized model you could probably find a stock from. Check gunbroker.com. Alternately, adjustable (usually with pistol grip) stocks are readily available IF legal in your state...

Thanks Bobster. I guess I'm a little odd. I did put an ATI adjustable pistol grip stock on my 88. I took it shooting and really did not like it. I want to change back to the standard stock, but with a less LOP. I can look at finding a Bantam size and I am considering shortening it myself.

@Hog Doc ,

Have you looked at the Hogue 12" LOP stock? I run them on my 590A1 and 590...

These tuck into the shoulder much better than the factory stocks and I don't feel like I have to reach for the forend. They can be had for around $60 and won't require any modification... ;)

Good Morning, Lazy Eyed Sniper,
As a matter of fact, yes, I was looking at those last night on the web trying to find the best price! Looks like something that I am looking for. It's either that or slicing some off my present stock. Great pics, by the way.

Update for Lazy Eyed Sniper...I just pulled the trigger and ordered a Hogue 12" LOP stock. Looking forwarded to putting it on. Thanks

I think you will like it. I have one on my 870. If does make it a little short when wearing just a t-shirt (and are used to a full length stock) unless I stand more square to the target but it is fast to get up and works really good when wearing more layers.

Thanks MikeD. I am anticipating using it. I do not have long arms, so this will work for me. I felt like I did not have the control I wanted with the standard stock. I tried an adjustable pistol grip stock and the length was good, but I did not enjoy the pistol grip. I like the feeling of having the shotgun more compact. It fits me and my size better.

You're gonna love the Hogue.

You should find yourself better able to square your shoulders up behind the shotgun with a much more comfortable reach to the pump...

Back