• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

590AI integrated fore-end flashlight

floridaguy3

Copper BB
Hello all,

I am considering replacing the fore-end on my 590A1 with in integrated flashlight fore-end, either a Surefire or Eotech. I wanted to know if any members have done this change over. Was replacing the fore-end a simple process, do you recommend it, is there much play with the integrated flashlight fore-end. Any information will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Hello all,

I am considering replacing the fore-end on my 590A1 with in integrated flashlight fore-end, either a Surefire or Eotech. I wanted to know if any members have done this change over. Was replacing the fore-end a simple process, do you recommend it, is there much play with the integrated flashlight fore-end. Any information will be appreciated.

Thanks,

I replaced the fore-end on my 590A1 with the EoTech light fore-end last month. I would not say the replacement was a necessarily a simple process, in that one needs to be very careful in taking off the old fore-end. Basically, one disassembles the forearm from the shotgun, unscrews the retaining ring just a tad, taps the opposite end (rubber mallet) lightly to move the old fore-end down to the retaining ring again and repeat until it slides off. The reason for going slow and easy is to protect the threads for the retaining ring. The EoTech then slides on easily, and one replaces the retaining ring. The EoTech comes with a "wrench" to undo and replace the retaining ring.

My 590A1 is set up strictly for a home defense-defense weapon, and I have not had to use it yet. However, I think the EoTech is comfortable in the hand and works just like the regular fore-arm when function testing with snap-caps. Of course, one picks up a shadow from the bayonet lug and barrel, but I find the shadow to be minimal and does not disturb me in the slightest . At 250 lumen strobe and straight, the light is "blinding." On the low setting, one has plenty of light to move easily within the home.

In other words, to date I am extremely pleased with the EoTech and would recommend the same to anyone.

I have also set the A1 up with a Mesa Tactical LEO collapsible stock with the shock absorbing buffer and a Limbsaver pad. I am hoping with that setup my wife can also handle the A1 if or when necessary. She is recovering from a full hip replacement, so the doctor put a kibosh on my taking her out for the time being.

I hope the foregoing helps with your decision.

An Old Marine (SGT E-5, 1966-1968)

I'm running the surefire forend. Love it. Adds a bit of weight to the front end but has been running fine. Not much play with the surefire. Locks right in.

Old Marine sums it up that taking off the factory forend can be a bit of a pain.

Back