• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

CNN Poll on Kids and Guns

gunpoll.JPG

I voted and it's still a little in favor of "No". It's a CNN poll so I don't expect it to favor the gun.

It's also the "International" version of their web page which will skew it even more.

The poll has been up for several days now. About a thousand grand total votes. Pretty sad for CNN I think.

I love these polls.......Culture War coming to a town near you!!!.....for a few years now I noticed most of these are just about always split down the middle........even the election of Obama was too close to see a clear winner for a while. 50% us and 50% them, wouldn't want to be them because as soon as it goes down you will see that the pen is most definitely not mightier than the gun, just more civilized.

I don't think it's really 50% us. Just that too many are too lazy or preoccupied to get off of their butt and protect their rights unless there is some kind of looming bill or legislation or disaster is pending.

And also there is a strong desire to feel safe and be protected by Gov't, which is nothing more than a false sense of security at best.

And, I have also made a lot of other observations in the last several years.

This is meant directly to those who think that just because they can yell and raise your voice louder and drown out everyone elses' opinion, does not make your opinion right, or smart, or better, or a lot of other things besides stupid.

I would never wish harm on the United States in any way, though I think that in the coming future that we will be tested like we never have before. There will be two groups. Those that have, and those that have not. False sense of security and trust will be shattered and reality will set in and you will have only what you already do and know to survive on. And there are far too many that do not know how to survive and dependent on others and other things to know what to do.

I hope that I am wrong.

I do not think that I am.

I don't put too much stock into these or any polls. Pretty much all these polls represent is:

The percentage of the people that actually found the poll.
The percentage of that group that actually answered the poll
The percentage of that group that felt one way or the other**

** this number has a large variance of tolerance based on
1) wording of the question and options
2) whether person answered honestly or are trolling
3) figured out how to vote multiple times to sway their side
4) bad polling logic that does not count options equally.

The anti's are just completely beside themselves that people actually teach their kids gun safety and shoot with their kids. Stopping minors from shooting is yet another item on the their long list of "common sense" ideas that they want to force on everyone. More kids will die in a Prius driven by an anti gun Mom than will die on a gun range. They don't think we should have a choice to decide for ourselves how to live. The only time they believe in choice in when it involves a fetus...other than that it's "do as we say"

wouldn't want to be them because as soon as it goes down you will see that the pen is most definitely not mightier than the gun, just more civilized.
If the Constitution keeps getting shredded it may come down to this one day. They will however have no problem hiding behind the gun of the system.

Back