• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

AK47 and Variants

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes they have, but as mentioned, lots of other sources for the ammo besides Bladdermere Pootin'.
whether or not anyone wants to believe it, those sources have a big red thumb on them.....

the very few and rare sources that don't , well they are going to charge you a price you never would have thought you would see for steel case, stinking commie ammo.......soon you will all pay for putting stock into the enemies rifle ,blasphemy lol

Last edited:
It's been horrible... everytime I go to the range I think about whether I'll be able to replace what I've shot.
man, now that reloading stuff is mostly back I have been getting a pound of powder and at least 500 primers a week

Actually, the Yugoslavian brass x39 that was sold here in the states and marketed as HOTSHOT a few years ago was seriously not Russian ammo Oli. When it was being imported, I think it was along the lines of $230 for a full case (around 1200 rounds per wood case).

Besides being a brass cased cartridge and (gasp) corrosive, it's a lot hotter than any other x39 I've ever shot. You can tell just by the report that the bullet is faster than a speeding locomotive ;)

Good stuff if you can find it. Just give your gun a good soak afterwards to neutralize the salts and you'll be fine.

keep trying to talk my bro into getting some brass just to have on hand so we can reload it for him if need be but so far he hasent gotten any......be nice if he had 1000 brass for it JIC

Just got the Midwest extend modular handguard ordered. Will post pics once its installed. Next will be front sight and muzzle device. Trying to decide between fiber optic or tritium for the front sight. Don't really want to change the rear, so thinking about iridescent paint for that. And as far as muzzle devices go looking for any and all suggestions.

I bet the handguard will look like mine does

LOL

All joking aside, it's a really good forend. Much better than the Samson K-rail I had on it before.

Do you know what your thread pitch is?

14-1mm Left handed?

I have tried a few different hiders on my SKS that I converted over to bullpup and threaded the barrel.

The first I tried was an A2 (m16) style 14-1 LH and it worked well, but I have since put a YHM Phantom on it.

Here's a site that has several different styles to choose from that are pretty affordable. I've ordered several times from them and they've been good.

Not only ordered the hiders from them, but also the 14-1 die and thread starter so I could thread the barrel to start with.

http://ak-builder.com/index.php?dispatch=categories.view&category_id=172

im strangely drawn to the spikes Dynacomp. would really like to try one, just dont really wanna spend 90 bucks to try it out. with as much diffusion of gas as it appears would provide, almost makes me wonder if would actually quiet the gun slightly. vs. the howitzerish percussions of the Lantac. lol.

Yeah, physics doesn't lie. Lol. Been trying to find some decent reviews. Seems most of the videos online are on 5.45 guns. Or at least the good ones.

5.45 and 5.56 are neither known for their massive recoil. I really wonder why they make comps for them anyway (hiding behind cover now)

I really wonder why they make comps for them anyway (hiding behind cover now)
I was like "really?" ....but I realized you had to be joking, being as there is next to no recoil its so painfully obvious why they make them and why so many people use them, especially in competition as fast accurate follow up shots are what can be the difference between winning and losing. I imagine if one tries really hard they can relate that very scenario to a gunfight.

Nope, I was pretty serious that time.

Even adolescents should be able to doubletap a 223 effectively without a muzzlebrake.

Just to be honest, my first AR15 was bought during the BAN and didn't even have a muzzle attachment at all or even threads to attach a muzzle device. Somehow I managed to learn to shoot it despite the fact.

I also get sad thinking of all those young 18 and 19 year old men whom must become proficient with all of those Gov't issued machineguns because virtually none of them have muzzlebrakes.

Ok, I can drive around a race track in a vw bug too....have fun in your vw

Last edited:
Noticeable difference with my battle comp. It wasn't an untamed bear before but the barrel rise is almost eliminated now. Quicker and tighter groups. The trade off for me is that the battle comp is extremely loud compared to the A2.

Noticeable difference with my battle comp. It wasn't an untamed bear before but the barrel rise is almost eliminated now. Quicker and tighter groups. The trade off for me is that the battle comp is extremely loud compared to the A2.
On a 7.62X39?

All seems to be a matter of personal preference to me.
Yep, some things aren't for me but I can't say I just don't understand why they make them , I can spot the purpose of a gun part and decide if it's high on the priority list.
I have much heavier recoiling rifles that don't have them because they aren't expected to perform in the same way

I'm hoping a comp on the AK will bring it to an AR amount of recoil. I didn't even realise how light the,recoil on the 5.56 was until I picked it up after about 3 mags with the AK. my AK has a slotted directional type comp on,it already, an just for gits and shiggles I spun it off an shot without one. Really didn't notice a difference. So would like something that really is effective.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back