• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Post Your EDC Blade

This is what's in my Tac bag for when I enter the woods. I carry the S&W full tang for my EDC at the moment.

Attachments

• BLADES.JPG
    BLADES.JPG
    501.5 KB · Views: 12
New blade...the BK2. Dipped the slippery plastic handles in Plasti-Dip, dried over night, way better now. Putting it to work tonight. Going to cape the bucks head and make another European mount...will update when finished.1.JPG 2.JPG 3.JPG

1f83b1ee18c86d390fac113d67d0f24e.jpg

Recon I
CSRECON1_zpseb82ebcf.jpg

Specifications:

Blade Length: 4"
Blade Thickness: 3.5 mm
Blade Type: Clip Point / Serrated
Overall Length: 9 3/8"
Steel: Japanese Aus 8A Stainless w/ Black Tuff-Ex™ Finish
Weight: 5.2 oz
Handle: 5 3/8" G-10
Pocket Clip: Stainless

...or sometimes this one:

Sheffield Boreal Folder

Specifications:

3" stainless steel blade
4 1/2" polished hardwood handle
Ambidextrous thumb studs
Pocket clip
Liner Lock
Weighs 4.9 oz
7 1/2" overall length

This one is always in my Jeep...

KA-BAR Fighting Knife

SPECS:

Material: Steel 1095 Cro-Van
Blade Type: Fixed
Blade Point: Clip
Blade Length: 7 inches
Overall Length: 11-3/4 inches
Weight: 0.70 lb
Blade Thickness: 0.165
Edge Angle: 20 Degrees
Handle Material: Kraton G®
Grind: Flat
HRC: 56-58
Butt Cap/Guard: Powdered Metal
Sheath: Glass Filled Nylon
Made in the USA

EDC? Just a plain old Buck 110 since the mid '70's. Got lot's of other blades, but the Buck is the one I wear more or less everyday, usually with the original leather, but did make a nice wood holster for it a few years ago for when I get dressed up - which isn't very often. ;)

buckholder.jpg~original

I have absolutely no training regarding using a knife as a weapon so I guess I'd consider it mostly a utility and an extreme backup weapon but this SOG Aegis has been in my pocket for several years. Holds and edge and has a very useful fat bellied blade. I thought eventually the fact that it has no metal liner would lead to a failure near the lockup but never a problem. Best $60 I ever spent.
b5d6143d4a73970f68a180da025a56e7.jpg

I have absolutely no training regarding using a knife as a weapon so I guess I'd consider it mostly a utility and an extreme backup weapon but this SOG Aegis has been in my pocket for several years. Holds and edge and has a very useful fat bellied blade. I thought eventually the fact that it has no metal liner would lead to a failure near the lockup but never a problem. Best $60 I ever spent.
b5d6143d4a73970f68a180da025a56e7.jpg

You might want to look into getting some training, even tho very few people would ever have a need to apply it, even in the military. A knowledge of human anatomy is required to be effective in either offense or defense. Placement is even more important with a blade than it is with a bullet. ;)

Last edited:
Nice blades fellahs. The training statement is very true Gene. My buddy is a marine and put a KABAR, very similar to shooter13's, in an insurgents temple while clearing a house in the sandbox.

You might want to look into getting some training, even tho very few people would ever have a need to apply it, even in the military. A knowledge of human anatomy is required to be effective in either offense or defense. Placement is even more important with a blade than it is with a bullet. ;)

I know enough about fighting knives to know what you say is true. Without training, it's just a pocket knife. But I often need a pocket knife so it works out alright until I can find the time and money get some knife training. I keep taking firearms classes instead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know enough about fighting knives to know what you say is true. Without training, it's just a pocket knife. But I often need a pocket knife so it works out alright until I can find the time and money get some knife training. I keep taking firearms classes instead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same here, although the USMC was kind enough to bestow some knife fighting instruction. Never have had occasion to put it to use (well once, but that was in a land far away and many years ago). The thing to remember with it is that if you can't accept being cut, stay out of the fight. ;)

just checking, there are some interesting and mighty clean looking EDC's in here......my EDC is always getting misused..... about ED.
Its been a good knife.....pri bar, hole digger , awl, saw, utensil and fire steel scraper

Back