• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Gun Safes

Guys...theres to many choices I dont need a huge monstrosity but I'd like a quality safe

Edit: looked at a few vids on youtube man those safes can be huge!

I have a Safari, made by Cannon. Price was right and my stuff fit in it. Take care. Tom Worthington

Sentry electric keypad safe. Holds 10 rifles but you can throw Velcro stuff to the door for pistols and what not.

It's basic, quick entry. Keeps the kid away from the firearms.

I have a liberty colonial 30 upstairs and a liberty presidential 30 down stairs. I love them both but the higher end safe is heads and shoulders better. The fire ratings and material thickness is important. Buy the most expensive safe you can do not go cheap. The fat boy jr is a great safe for the money, my buddy has one and loves it. It has top and bottom bolts and is a great buy. I like liberty but Fort Knox is also great.

I keep mine in a cardboard box at my neighbors house. Nothing to see at my place.

I have a tacVault that's big enough to hold 2 rifles, handgun and ammo. plus a few other things

It's small but I don't need to have a monster safe (yet). Just enough to fit the need.

Sentry Safe crack:

The above video was brought to my attention by a fellow member a few months ago. Since I owned this safe I wanted to figure out how to stop this from happening.

Here's the fix:

That button goes into the actuator which contains the factory set electronic key code. Unscrew the back panel of the door which is all carpet. Behind that carpet is the actuator which feeds wires to the front of the door to the key pad and to the side of the door which contains the reset button. Disconnect the reset button wire from the actuator. Everything still works as it is supposed to and now there isn't a quick way to crack your safe unless you know the code or have access to the manual key.

Water Monkey, I saw that video a few months ago and I "fixed" (covered) my reset button with the small plastic cap from a sport water bottle. It fit over the button. I have a Field and Stream 40 gun pro series. From where the reset button is it is not accessible like the video but I figured better safe then sorry.

Water Monkey, I saw that video a few months ago and I "fixed" (covered) my reset button with the small plastic cap from a sport water bottle. It fit over the button. I have a Field and Stream 40 gun pro series. From where the reset button is it is not accessible like the video but I figured better safe then sorry.

Nice. I was gonna do something like that. But I also had an issue with my actuator which went bonkers. They sent me a new one and during my installation I figured out how to disconnect the reset button.

i bought a cannon safe from tractor supply it was what i could afford and with a very curious young child in the house i still think it was an ok choice. Just not big enough. My brother has a liberty and i hope that i never have to help him move again.

Just picked this up yesterday for my garage safe. Liberty 24 Tactical. Why? Liberty makes great safes. Good fire rating. 400lbs, like the door organizer, lifetime warranty. 10 shelves.
nejutuve.jpg

yzujabuz.jpg

Plus 1 on the Bolt down. This one will be anchored in this weekend. I moved it from the trailer to it's resting place in less than 5 minutes using just a dolly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a Sentry and a Bighorn, both are 24 gun safes. Both have a good fire rating and they were dirt cheap! The Sentry came from Sam's Club and was the floor display model. I beat the store manager up and got it for $425. The Bighorn was a Costco floor display and I again beat the store manager up and got it for $450. Both safes retail for around $80 0. I got some heavy black canvas and custom made the door organizers for both safes, about $35 in materials. They both do a very good job for me and I still have a lot of room left.

SSCN0221.JPG

I have a tumbler lock Browning Pro Steel 36 gun safe, and currently have 2-8 gun stack-on gun cabinets for the antiques with 14 in each of them. All 3 are bolted down tight. The stack-on cabinets can be broken into without much trouble, but the bolts to all of the rifles are locked away in the big Browning.
I really need a couple more safes!!!

Back