• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

barrel help...

Need some help Guys.

Is there a barrel I can use to interchange for my 20" 590 barrel with the 8 shot mag?
Was looking for a 26" to skeet shoot with at a local skeet club.

Or would it b easier to get a 5 shot mag tube to get a longer barrel to interchange. But I can't seem to locate a 5 shot mag tube yet either....

Last edited:
Need some help Guys.

Is there a barrel can I use to interchange for my 20" 590 barrel with the 8 shot mag?

You might contact this member who recently did just that. He managed to find an old 24" Mil-surplus 590 barrel that we didn't even know existed...

http://www.mossbergowners.com/forum/index.php?threads/500-590-mod-help.12460/#post-165494

If you still want to go the 5-shot tube route here are Mossberg's part numbers for reference...

Part # 12113P - Mag Tube 835/590 Parkerized, $33.50
Part # 12194 - Spring, Magazine 835/590, $3.50
CS number - (800) 363-3555

Your best bet would be to call and order directly from them...

Thanks for the assistance old mossy and l.e.s. now I got a starting point to go off of.
24" barrel would be great but problem is that this local shooting skeet range has a 26" barrel Length minimum allowed to use for some reason, so I need at least a 26.

In that case your best bet would be to convert to a shorter mag tube in either a 500 or 835 waterfowl configuration.

Going this route would afford you the most available options...

In that case your best bet would be to convert to a shorter mag tube in either a 500 or 835 waterfowl configuration.

Going this route would afford you the most available options...

How much more affordable?

What is the savings over buying another mossy. Might that b an option too?

$150 for the barrel, $33.50 for the mag tube, $3.50 for new spring, $187 total before tax and shipping.

A 28" model 500 will run you upward of $300 new. You should be able to find plenty of used models floating around though...

Thx guys. I'll have to see what I find out there. I don't know what the reason is that I can't shoot my 20" 590 out there on the skeet range: but their site says you can't shoot with anything under 26" so maybe a good used one might be in order instead of always having to change out the barrel and mag tube every time I go out there for a few rounds.

Makes sense to me.

My rationalizations always lead me down the path to buying more guns too... ;)

Well since you can't defy logic, and rationalization of more guns certainly makes sense to me too, I think I'm gonna just suck it up :rolleyes:and have to get another SG for my skeet needs.... Damn how I love rationality....:D, thx l.e.s. for showing me the key to rationalization = more gunso_O

Last edited:
It's all a matter of perspective.

You'll be doing your part to help keep guns off the streets. Every gun we buy is helping make the world a safer place... ;)

Back