• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Sure, why not? Sue the ammo retailer.

If they sold illegally then the local/fed's should go after the retailer for violations.

The retailer, regardless of whether or not they sold the products illegally, did not force, coerce, taunt or otherwise persuade him to use the products in the manner in which he did. The shooter and the shooter alone is responsible for his actions. This constant shirking of responsibility for ones own actions has got to stop.

We have created this problem, we try to impose as many road blocks as possible to prevent people from doing things they shouldn't; now when they find a way to do it, it's not their fault, there just weren't enough road blocks. This is the progressive interpretation of freedom We have the freedom to do what we are allowed, and if you fail, well, we'll just make more rules to help keep you in play.

I'm past tired of the "blame it on someone" else attitude in this country and since the products were legal I can't help but think of this as a frivolous lawsuit. It's a problem with the legal system that regardless of the outcome the lawyers will profit. These lawsuits would end quickly if the losing side, lawyer included, suffered economically.

A "bullied" 14yo boy shot himself with his father's gun here recently. The family has since hired a local shyster slip-n-fall lawyer to represent them. Although a sad occurance, I don't anticipate personal responsiblity being practiced there. AFAIAC, (1) the father is responsible for leaving a gun available to a troubled kid, (2) the parents are responsible for not teaching the kid how to deal with a bully tactfully.

In another incident, a 16?yo girl jumped off an abandoned cement plant tower. I understand they are grieving, but the parents are sueing just about everybody involved, including the other girls involved in her bullying, the school, the cement plant, etc. The fault lies with the parents, no one else...

With 2 middle-schoolers, I'm quite annoyed at the constant "no-bullying" barrage we face. Once upon a time, you would take your licks, learn to rise above it, and move on. No suicide or homicide involved. Now, you become a "victim", dependent on the action of others. I'm not making light of the issue, I'm just saying we (not us here at MO) are becoming a nation of weenies!

With 2 middle-schoolers, I'm quite annoyed at the constant "no-bullying" barrage we face. Once upon a time, you would take your licks, learn to rise above it, and move on. No suicide or homicide involved. Now, you become a "victim", dependent on the action of others. I'm not making light of the issue, I'm just saying we (not us here at MO) are becoming a nation of weenies!

I think a lot of it is due to the nature of social media. When I was a kid, if someone gave someone else a wedgie, the only peopl,e that saw it were the few who happened to be there. Today it's recorded in HD and posted to numerous social media sites in a matter seconds for the entire world to see and laugh at for as long as the internet survives. Not to mention if it gets picked up by Jimmy Kimmel or Tosh.0, etc.

I'm very anti "victim" mentality and kids really need to be taught that their lives do not revolve around social media and how many virtual friends they have. That said, I can see how that would be hard when millions of people they don't know start shredding them on social media because someone posted something embarrassing about them.

In some of these cases (i.e. cyber bullying) they really may be a victim.

You hit it Mike.

Back in the day you only had to deal with a bully on the school yard or down the block on the way home. Now, with the kids' faces in their phones, tablets, iPads, or laptops 24/7 there is no way to retreat from the negativity. It's easy to say just turn off the digital media, but in the world we now live in many kids simply don't know how to function without it. Again, that's a product of parents letting electronics raise their kids but I don't see the phenomenon getting any better in the future...

Back