• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

I am hoping to get some advice on magazines for my MVP Predator 7.62.

Jerry16

Copper BB
I am hoping to get some advice on magazines for my MVP Predator 7.62. Does anyone know what mags work best, or which to avoid. At $25.00 to $35.00 each, I do not want try them all to find what works best and what does not work at all. I was hoping to find at least one mag that would fit flush, for hunting. I would also like a few ten round mags to load and set back, just in case.

I thought the product documentation said M1A/M14 mags worked, so I bought a five round M1A mag, from Springfield Armory, to try. But, the follower on the M1A mag scrapes along the bolt on the second to last round, and jams the bolt back after the last round. Unless I can find a replacement follower, I will not use any more of them.

Does anyone out there have any advice????

nitesight is right on the money.

BTW Checkmate is the prime contractor that supplies the army with magazines for their M-14 rifles. I also think they make them for Springfield.

Back