• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Limbsaver vs. Kick Ezz

Lil'Joe

Copper BB
I rebuilt an older model 500 12ga. replacing the firing mechanisms, stock and forend. I used the Hogue overmolded stock and forend. Unfortunately since that time I tore a rotator cup and am now very recoil sensitive. I have been looking at the Limbsaver and Kick Eez recoil pad and have two questions.

1.) Has anyone replaced the recoil pad on a Hogue overmolded stock for either aftermarket recoil pads, and

2.) If you have replaced the recoil pad on an overmolded stock for a twelve gauge, what as the part number for the recoil pad?

The Limbsaver is hands down better.

The Kick-eez is alright, but is still harder rubber than the limbsaver.

Forgot to add, you can get one of the medium limbsaver slip-on covers makes it a lot easier than fitting a dedicated pad.

I gotta say my views of limbsaver are quickly changing as I now own one that doesn't fit quite right even tho it is the right one now I'm told to re drill it to make it fit might just be me but I don't usually take the time to get the right part so I can alter it to make it fit

I can say that I lost one small Limb Saver off my Hogue beating brush because it stays on but not good enough to beat brush.
I liked it so much that I saw a sale on another one and bought it.
I can also say when I shoot 3" magnum slugs and buck it pushes the pad off to the side around the third shot.
I am also slipping it over the original Hogue pad to get an extra inch lop which makes it slightly unstable.

Back