• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Buffalo Bore Ammunition

ripjack13

Resident Sawdust Maker
Staff member
Administrator
Supporter
"Philanthropist"
ripjack13 said:
http://www.buffalobore.com/index.php?l=product_list&c=67
http://www.buffalobore.com/index.php?l= ... list&c=112

Has anyone here heard about/used this stuff? Does it compare to oli700's reloads? ;)
I'm wondering so I can get ahead on my stockpile of 9mm ammo, so when I go for my permit I'll have something to use....

Coming soon...they plan to introduce An 820gr. 12 ga. slug load in 3 inch mag. and 2 inch mag.
:eek: :shock: :shock:

Rip~~~~

I think I would rather have oli700's handloads over some wondermouslyfantasticclaimof1300fps from Buffalo Bore for general shooting.

BB is a truly great ammo manufacturer, and I really mean that. What they offer for .38-Spayshull soft lead LSWC-HP is incredible. The .38-Special needed a boost in the arm as far as performance upgrades and they give that to us. But I don't give a crap about some $$$$/box 9mm ammo when I can get Speer Gold Dot 124-gr +P for half that price on fifty rounds of superb ammo.

Oli got it right for general shooting ammo, and BBs marketing can maybe fool some of the people some of the time.

Georgia Arms 9mm ammo is a smarter way to go if you just want to hoarde some good general purpose ammo and not get a nosebleed over what you have to pay.

Jes sayin'.

lol, I'm a rookie ! Some might mistake me for a Wookie. I haven’t tried BB but they seem to fly fast. I haven’t tried at serious defensive ammo yet but I am saving all the shiny silver cases and I am going to get some good hollow points to stuff in them some day. But like NS I am content to load practice ammo and buy my defensive ammo for now.

Getting your conceal carry permit Rip ?

If Oli starts sellin'...I'm gonna start buyin' !!

Jest sayin'... :cool:

Thanx for the 9mm georgia referal Nitesite. I'll check em out.

Oli..I'm goin for my pistol permit next month. The place I'll be going to has a long wait.

Buffalo Bore 180gr .357 loads rock!

I've yet to connect with a critter but I found their loads very accurate in range testing/sighting in.

I didn't have a chono to verify their stats but they definitely "felt" hotter then others I've shot, not that that means anything realistically.

Buffalo Bore loads some ultra high quality ammo. They make the baddest .380 ammo bar none. Another favorite loader of mine is Double Tap Ammo. All of the velocities and stats are real world numbers. I have chronied several of the loads in .40 and .45 and they are smoking hot with less muzzle flash and smoke. Mike uses a high quality smokeless powder.

Mike

I need to track some .45 hard cast down for our annual deer hunting trek to WV...just in case the furrydiddles get outta hand...;)

Wow I have learned a lot since this , I load my defensive ammo these days and when put through a chronograph , Buffalo almost never lives up to its velocity claims.

Underwood followed by Doubletap is the Shiz next to my reloads lol BB bottom of the list IMO, even saw a box that was supposed to be HP , only 6 were HP and 14 were FMJ....word is they have gone way down and are surviving on what was a good reputation they created when they started, and a cool name

That is not good news, Oli. But the reviews on Midway seem pretty good.

Several said they upgraded to Wolf recoil spring to compensate for the increased recoil. Others said there was no difference. I'll be using it in a compact .45 and only for SD in the woods. Something I need to worry about?

Last edited:
I need to track some .45 hard cast down for our annual deer hunting trek to WV...just in case the furrydiddles get outta hand...;)

What 45 ??

The Buffalo Bore 45 Colt Deer Grenadts would not eject from my Contender. I had to use a dowel to get them out. They also kicked as bad as a 454. After two shots my scope broke so I quit using them. I still have two boxes I was going to break them down and reuse the components.

That is not good news, Oli. But the reviews on Midway seem pretty good.

Several said they upgraded to Wolf recoil spring to compensate for the increased recoil. Others said there was no difference. I'll be using it in a compact .45 and only for SD in the woods. Something I need to worry about?
not sure, I don't have any exp with the ACP, assuming since you said "compact" its your auto.
357, 10mm, 44 mag is what I have played with in BB .
I think Underwood is the best, only sampled a few rounds and they weren't mine but they were really the only ones who lived up to specs in 10mm, 40 S&W and 9x19

What 45 ??

The Buffalo Bore 45 Colt Deer Grenadts would not eject from my Contender. I had to use a dowel to get them out. They also kicked as bad as a 454. After two shots my scope broke so I quit using them. I still have two boxes I was going to break them down and reuse the components.

That has to be bad quality control , a contender should be able to handle the hottest of the hot.....those sound severely overcharged

DoubleTap is highly over rated and has been that way for years. Buffalo Bore is usually pretty good. Underwood is currently the top of the heap for maximum velocity cartridges.

That has to be bad quality control , a contender should be able to handle the hottest of the hot.....those sound severely overcharged
The Contender itself handled it, but I agree that seemed a bit over charged it should not have seized the cases in the chamber., despite being sold as a +p, it was a beast!!

All the other loads I've tried worked great.

What 45 ??

XDM 3.8

Does anyone have experience with Buffalo Bore cartridges for .30-30 Winchester ? 190 grain bullet sounds interesting, but at nearly three dollars a round there are lots of less expensive rounds to shoot. If you have fired these in .30-30 I would be interested in hearing your impressiions.

Shot the .45 ACP 255 gn Hardcast ammo today. Slightly more recoil than SD jacketed hollow points but it smokes like crazy. Only using it for SD against wildlife in WV while hunting...

Shot the .45 ACP 255 gn Hardcast ammo today. Slightly more recoil than SD jacketed hollow points but it smokes like crazy. Only using it for SD against wildlife in WV while hunting...

OA~

I'd be happy to send you some .452" 230-gr hard cast LRN bullets and .45 Auto brass if you can have someone on your end assemble them for you.

Back