• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

MikeD's Trail Cam Pics

MikeD

I'm Your Huckleberry
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
"Philanthropist"
PRMS0005_zpsb470bdf1.jpg

PRMS0008_zps85b6a56e.jpg

PRMS0010_zps8eca4f83.jpg

PRMS00032_zps3f0cbf00.jpg

No bucks yet, but that doesn't mean anything.

I did capture a couple other hunters that were "tracking a deer" near my stand. Apparently they though it was hiding in my blind because they commented to the landowner that the inside of my blind was not painted black (It's dark green same as the outside). The only way to see inside is to open the door. We also found their ATV tracks around the property a week before they were supposedly tracking this deer. There are several people that hunt the farm and not all of us have the same sense of personal space. I stay where I was told I can hunt. Looks like this guy is burning his bridges because he is creating issues with everyone else that hunts the property. My only fear is that the landowner will pull the plug on everyone.

Maybe now you will consider that lock.

Or at least a keep out sign.

I don't know what it is, but this year has been the hardest deer season I've ever seen.

And most of that is due to some people that should not be there in the first place.

PRMS0015_zpsb59fc219.jpg

It's a toss up, locks just invite them to break in. This is a guy I know as we've both been hunting the farm for several years.

Post his picture up on your box of death with a note letting him know that if he shows up again without proper authorization you will distribute his picture to all the other hunters that hunt there so they will know who the dickbutt is that got them all the boot.

He got pissy and pulled his blind from that end of the property. He really has no reason to be over there now. If he shows up again I'll do just that.

The guy has kind of been digging his own hole with everyone so I've just been letting him continue to do so. Ironically his complaint is that we are all encroaching on his hunting spots when in reality we all have much less area than he does, we've been overly cautions of getting to close to him and he is the one who keeps trying to push out more and more. The property owner is well aware of what's going on. I'm kind of the noob there as the other hunters are locals, longtime friends of the property owner and have been hunting there for a lot longer than I or the DB have.

Here's my "trail cam" pics...LOL
.HO.jpg big'uns.jpg

The first one likes marshmallows. If I leave a bag out near my stand is it considered "baiting"?

I think they've been eating something a little stronger than marshmallows.

I prefer natural racks. I guess I'm old school. :D

Yeah, me too mike, but those deers look a little horny, so it probably doesn't matter much to them.

LOL to all the comment above. Horny won't do anything for them. While we were there we watched them "draw" semen from the bucks. Darted and "probed" to get them to provide a specimen.

Yeah, this is a monster buck deer farm in OH (friends of ours). Hugely profitable operation BUT these deer are not sold to high fence, shooter farms ( a few small ones are).

It was amazing to see them this year. The last couple times we got there after they cut off the antlers (to protect themselves from themselves...those things will cause some serious blood-letting).

Some more.

PRMS0029_zps524b9a22.jpg

PRMS0028_zps445849e3.jpg

PRMS0027_zps13e1978c.jpg

PRMS0076_zpsed705287.jpg

PRMS0075_zpsf5b0c5f2.jpg

PRMS0003_zps8c317dc4.jpg

I have a camera set up on the trail on either side of my blind, looks like the turkeys walked right past it.

Mikes' box o' death is in a good spot.

Either that, or they're surrounding you dude.

I just wish they would cut the damn corn so I can see. LOL

Just checked the cams again on Sunday after two weeks.

Only 2 deer pics in the bunch and two other critters. All the rest were turkeys. I think I need to sit more during the day and focus on the thunder chickens!!

PRMS0002_zpsf1e687ba.jpg

PRMS0040_zpsb50a90f1.jpg

Not sure why many of the nighttime, early morning pics have a haze on them, perhaps dew on the lens.

PRMS0033_zps61596992.jpg

Can you see it?

PRMS0003_zpsd22d5dcb.jpg

I'm thinking coon.

PRMS0015_zps590771a0.jpg

PRMS0030_zpsaf52fbea.jpg

PRMS0018_zps86e5ba6f.jpg

I could many of these as they milled around for a long time

Even after a month in the field with a few hundreds pics, I'm still seeing 99% on battery life. If this is accurate, then these cams are outstanding on power usage.

You sure get a lot of action where you set up. That's a nice looking buck cruising through in the video.

The cam has seen a lot more action than I. So far I've only seen one doe from this blind and she passed by to fast to get a shot.

Sent from my Barnett Raptor using alien technology

Back