• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Waitsters 930 JM Pro (a german gun story)

Waitster

Semper Paratus
Moin...

Time for a own thread because the story is grown up.

To buy and own a gun in Germany is not so easy as in the US.
If you want a special gun you further need a long breath.
I order my 930 JM Pro in October '13, must pay a deposit and had to wait 12(!) month.
Wow... twelve month! At this time -I think- I was the first German who want this special gun and so... I have to wait.

One year later I hold the gun in my hands and I'm happy :)
It's a good gun but some things need improvement to be perfect. In my opinion.

And here comes my story of my perfect gun :)

Last edited:
Out of box..
First stripping...
Cleaning...
Lubrication...

I use a german product from SchleTek... a 2 in 1 spray that combined teflon and ceramic for a dry lubrication and I will proof it for the gaspiston, triggerunit, follower and the breechblock. We will see...

0Kt5Zy.jpg

Last edited:
Quick as can some upgrades...

A "second chance" shellholder from MatchSaverZ
A extended magazincap from Nordic for upgrade from 9+1 to 10+1
A bigger charging handle from Choate

UlZYcW.jpg

PYQCC5.jpg

ACVjWB.jpg

... to be continued...

Last edited:
Great looking JM Pro Waitster!

It shows dedication and patience on your part to wait that long for a good firearm - and I'm sure it makes you appreciate it that much more! :)

Politicians and "sheeple" in the US are trying hard to make it more difficult and arduous to excercise our right to bear arms.

First shooting at sunday and the JM run pretty good :)

I shoot 100 S&B Super Trap birdshot in 12/70 (2 3/4) with 28g (423grains) and 2,4mm (0,09inch)... Perfect!
Same with 50 S&B Super Skeet birdshot in 12/70 (2 3/4) with 28g (423grains) and 2,25mm (0,088inch)!

A problem comes with the Dduplex Kaviar Slugs in 12/70 :-/
The first shell (magazinetube) clamped after some inches. All shells after that load without problems. If I unload, the former first -now last- clamped again.
Suspect... the design of the shell is incompatible with the design of the follower!
The distance between bullet-top and the upper edge of the shellcase are to big/deep and the shell canted/clamped at the followercone. I have to verify this with some other slugs but I already read about some similar probs with the original follower.

Hope I can check some other slugs (Brenneke KO in 12/67,5 and 60) at thursday. Maybe some slugs in 12/76 (3") and another sort in 12/70 too.

Two new probs :-/ and thus no "experiential report" about shooting with the Brenneke KO+ slugs.

1. The magazinspring... twisted... but... solved. I bring in now the spring after install the magtube and fix it with the cap. Goes smoothly :)

inG4Rp.jpg

2. The bolt release/shell stop... works not really. After a shot the gun does not load automatically. The shell stop does not release the next shell. If I use the release manually it's sounds creaky or grating and the button seems rickety(?).

Back from our gunsmith...

Cartridge bearing too tight. The measuring gauge does'nt even fit to the closest allowed marking!

Chokethread drillend/cutted wrong/tilted. If the choke is screwed in you see (from the muzzleside) a edge on the right side. It's not a prob of the choke because his wall thickness is equally.

One year waiting for the gun, one trainingsession and now back as warranty case! My first national championship with her is already canceled :-/

I'm sorry this happened after your long wait. I hope you get it corrected quickly. Thank you for sharing the pictures and please keep us posted on your progress.

Waister,

I wish you did not have to go thru such inconviences.

Hoping that your shotgun gets the warranty attention it deserves.

Best of luck.

The customer service of "my" importer is incredibly bad :-/
Six (6!) weeks for a first information.
The good one: They accept the guarantee obligation and order a new barrel at Mossberg and exchange/repair the shell stop.
The bad side: US gun manufacturer can't/won't have quick transaction with owner/user outside the US! I have to wait month (no idea how much) for the new barrel :-/
That's the reason why many gunowner/-user here prefer european made guns like Benelli, Beretta, Glock, Oberland Arms, Arsenal, Pro Arms, etc...

But I love my new JM and so I will wait!
In the meantime I buy a bulgarian Arsenal SAR M9F from a comrade and have fun in .223 ;-)

Have a nice time till X-Mas :)

Last edited:
I hate that you have to wait so long.

Have fun with the M9F until your barrel arrives and enjoy your Christmas as well...

Need your help :-/
I can use my gun with the old barrel till the new one comes sometimes (maybe) in 2015.
But... my "Rear Shell Stop" is broken and if this part needs one year from Mossberg to me, I give the gun back and buy a european shotgun!
I don't buy a gun for waiting 2(!) years for shooting with!

I need a Mossberg contact to settle this problem. Maybe Mossberg will send me the part directly or via my brother in California.

Sorry for disturb your X-Mas evening but I seats with some melancholy in front of my fireplace ;-(

Last edited:
That sure sucks, Waitster... :( As you have a US contact (bruder), I would have him contact Mossberg directly here in the states. The MO has a contact in the name of Joe Zakher [JZakher@maverickarms.com]. I don't have his phone number but I KNOW many here do and I'm sure they will provide it.

It would be to your benefit to have your brother be the local contact for Joe. Have them send him the shell stop and then he sends it to you. Do NOT call it a "gun part"--call it "hardware". Maybe Joe could also help you with the barrel?

Regarding your mag spring winding up: maybe a few coils need to be trimmed from it? :confused:

Happy Holidays!

Thanks Bob :)

I will wrote a email to Joe and look what's happen.

Peaceful days to you and your loves!

^ I have done this with some replacement sights for a member in Greece.

I explained the situation and Mossberg was very helpful. They sent me the parts at no charge and I shipped them international post to Greece....

Gun is back :)

Not the rear shellstop was broken but only a pin.

Next range-day is February, 14 on 328yd with some Sig Sauer 516 and a Arsenal M9F :)
Maybe back with some pics ;-)

And the JM runs first again at February, 17 in our smaller 27yd indoor-range.

Back