• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

The Walking Dead... (SPOILERS INSIDE!)

Make a trident and watch em line up to buy it....

That would be crazy ....

I would pay $20 to $30 for something like that.
It would have to come with a stabilizer though.
Something like this would work fine if it were made out of steel.

Yeah, I would pay $20 for one, too... ;) Not including "engineering" time and materials, I probably could make one in 20min and at my going rate of $1/min I would technically "lose" money at that price. :(

Now factor in a machined clamp of the correct dimensions because no one makes a specific sized clamp--the one shown would not work--at least not to MY specifications :D: estimated cost $10 (in bulk...maybe 25 min/order). Then anodizing at $5-$10 each assuming a "dip" of at least 20 pieces.

I'll see what my CNC guy can do about machining them. The material is some undersized stock I received by accident from my supplier--I don't even know if it is special order or what. Stock and hardware were probably $2.

They'd have to sell for at least $40-$50 to make it worth my while... (ie: 50% markup) I have some new ideas about construction--I'll keep you posted... ;)

PS: the clamp would be open on top so as not to obstruct the bead, rib or whatever. The bottom of the clamp could incorporate a picatinny rail for a flashlight or other device.

Last edited:
I think the rail on the bottom may be overkill.
Who would want Walker goo on their light??? LOL!

Just finished tonight's episode.

Who's hungry for a shish-ka-bob?!!!
So Chris Hardwick's opening line on the Talking Dead..."Well that was vile!" Holy crap that's an understatement!!

Loving the new season so far and I'm liking the large group dynamic. Guess Garreth is the new resident psycho!!

Can't wait for Sunday night!!

Yes Sir.

Glad to see they're stepping up the depravity a bit. Some of the stuff that happens in the graphic novels are MUCH worse. Just wait, there's another villain or two later on in the story line that'll make the governor and Garreth look like well adjusted individuals. It'll probably be a while before the show gets there though...

Bobster I took your advice and made my own.
Got a Hardened Steel Threaded rod, cut it in half, took it to my grinding wheel and made somewhat of a point and then lightly ground down the threads that are forward of the barrel. Gave it a quick flat black paint job.
Still need a support clamp.
So far I have $5 invested for a nut a washer and the steel rod which was long enough for 2.
Thanks for the idea!

1908450_10203861011779972_6327317025484311760_n.jpg

1932480_10203861011939976_2792994505457320265_n.jpg

Bobster I took your advice and made my own.
Thanks for the idea!

FYI: Patent Pending... ;) And yours looks VERY hard to clean... ;)

I talked to my CNC turning guy and am going to drop off some stock to him to make some up for me. I've got some 5/8" stock that might be more clamp adaptable...

FYI: Patent Pending... ;)
Yes my attorney has already started the paperwork.....LOL!!!

And yours looks VERY hard to clean... ;)
Who cleans a Zombie Brain Sticker??

Being hardened steel I dont think I will need another method of support.
You had stated earlier that you were concerned about the barrel lug. The threads are in the mag tube so the lug should be fine.

Damn, that was bad@$$!!! I'm really digging the new Rick...

Gareth - "Why didn't you just kill us when you came in here?"

Rick - "We didn't want to waste the bullets. Besides, I made you a promise." - Out comes the machete with the red handle.

...oh, and Michonne got her sword back... sweet...

So Chris Hardwick's opening line on the Talking Dead..."Well that was vile!" Holy crap that's an understatement!!

Loving the new season so far and I'm liking the large group dynamic. Guess Garreth is the new resident psycho!!

Can't wait for Sunday night!!
Ok. I was wrong. I've been married a long time, I can admit that!!;) So Gareth is dead...not the season 5 bogeyman after all! Didn't see that coming.

So what about Beth? Side story about what Daryl & Carol found or Daryl bringing Beth back to the group?

Preview of next week's episode showed scenes of Beth in some hospital. Looks like there will be a bit of departure to fill in the blanks there...

Did Tyrese not kill the Martin or did he think he beat him to death?

I'm liking Ricks new attitude, he had become to wishy washy after leaving the farm and even more so after the prison.

Given that they neutralized the threat from the remaining Terminus crew, I'm not sure why they couldn't have waited another day leave with Eugene. Splitting up is never a good thing and the odds (realistically not Hollywood statistics) of them ever seeing each other again in this scenario is slim to none.

Did Tyrese not kill the Martin or did he think he beat him to death?

They had Chad Coleman (Tyrese) on the Talking Dead a week or so ago. He was asked that question and responded that Tyrese had beat his face in to the point that he thought he was dead. He didn't leave him alive intentionally...

Holy crap that is hilarious!

...my new favorite music video. Ja-Jiggy Jar Jar Dude, Der-de-der-der-der :D

Back