• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Sightmark Mini Shot Holographic Reflex Sight Review

No problem.

Check out OpticsPlanet.com. They usually have the best prices on the SightMark stuff...

Mine is the SM13001.

The difference in MOA number is the dot size. The smaller the number, the dot will be smaller and more clean/crisp. It makes a big difference on target, especially at greater distances...

Re: Sightmark Mini Shot Reflex Sight Review

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
As for performance, this thing is a little beast!

What it lacks in size it more than makes up in results on target. Windage and elevation adjustments are made with a small screwdriver. Took me about five shots to get her dialed in and I was punching holes where I wanted em in no time. Here's one of my 50 yard targets using Centurion 2.75 inch, 1 1/8 oz slugs. Ten rounds went into this one...

Put 50 rounds down range today with no movement or vibration in the optic or mount. I highly recommend the Sightmark Mini Shot to anyone looking for a great, affordable reflex red dot.

I must have bought one built on closing time Friday afternoon...Mine crapped out after 2 shots, didn't even get to sight it in!

I went back to the trusted reliability of EoTech

That sucks.

Mine has sat on my 590, 930, and an AR or two since I've had it and has seen plenty of rounds through each. Gets banged and tossed around a bit too and is still running like a champ...

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Just installed a receiver rail and a Sightmark Mini Shot holographic reflex sight on the 590. Picked it up for $80 w/free shipping at opticsplanet.com.

The Sightmark series of reflex sights are designed to create a lightweight, yet accurate, sight. Sightmark reflex sights are able to handle heavy recoil, will stay zeroed in longer than competitor’s reflex sights and are perfect for shotguns, pistols and rifles. The Mini Shot™ is the most compact in the Sightmark line; it is lightweight and extremely accurate for its miniature size. This reflex sight features a 3 MOA illuminated dot reticle and is useful for most any application from close quarter combat situations to hunting. The Mini-Shot’s compact size makes it perfect for use with handguns and shotguns; which can then be utilized for home defense, target shooting, or turkey hunting. To create the ultimate weapon, mount the Mini Shot alongside a riflescope in order to quickly acquire targets at close distances while utilizing the riflescope to engage targets at long range.

Features
Precision Accuracy
Reliable and Durable
Wide Field of View
Quick Target Aquisition
Perfect for Rapid Fire or Moving Target Shooting
Single Reticle*
Parallax Corrected
Unlimited Eye Relief
Weaver Mount
Lightweight
Water Resistant
Shockproof
Low Power Consumption
3 MOA Dot

Specifications

Magnification: 1x
Objective: 23mm x 16mm
Field of View: 15.7m @100m
Eye Relief: Infinite
Coating: AR Red
Water Resistant: Yes
Reticle: single (3 MOA dot)
MOA Adjustment: 1 (one click)
Battery: 1 (One) CR2032 3V Lithium
Battery Life: 2 Hours
Brightness Settings: N/A
Max Recoil: Up to .50 caliber
Construction: Aircraft-grade Aluminum
Operating Temperature: -10°C to 50°C
Dimensions (in): 8.13x1.0x1.4
Weight (oz): 2.4

Included in Package
Rubber Lens Cap
Adjustment Tools
Battery
Limited Lifetime Warranty

Initial impressions:

This thing is tiny! It seems very well built despite its size and the 3 MOA dot is VERY crisp. The two brightness settings make for quick adjustment depending on your lighting conditions. It has a light censor that when you put the hood on, switches the optic into sleep mode.

http://www.sightmark.com/products/refle ... ht-sm13001

Gonna take it out in the morning to get it zeroed. I'll post pics and a full review tomorrow...

Hope it performs as advertised...

Well folks, the Mini Shot finally crapped out.

After 2 years and 11 months it quit working on my last range trip with it mounted on my 930. Thought it was a dead battery, but put a new one in and nothing. I opened it up and the wiring had broken loose from the tiny circuit board that controls the on/off switch and brightness setting. Tried to reconnect it myself, but nothing. Holding up to 12ga recoil for just shy of three years is not too bad for an $80 red dot, but turns out it does have limits to what it can handle.

If anyone else out there has any input on their Mini Shot, feel free to keep the thread going...

Glad it didn't happen when you really needed it, when I lost the battery on my reflex I was very disappointed I couldn't hit anything with a slug......bothered me enough I went back to the bead

I had just remounted it to the 930 after switching to the ATI Raven stock. Got it zeroed in and then bam, nothing. Sucks, but I really only use this particular 930 set-up at the range anyway. I never trust my life to anything that runs on batteries...

A couple of months ago I too purchased a SightMark Micro Dot sight. LOVE it, however I liked the green dot a little better but the green dot came with a bigger sun shield on it and I now am starting to not like it as much, gonna sound lame but looks like something you'd see on "Halo" with that bill. Bought it at Scheels for a great price, and was told if at anytime I don't like it bring it in and walk out with another. I would be walking out with the one Lazy Eyed Sniper has. Mine is a chrome reflex.

It was a great little red dot while it was working.

All things considered I feel like I got a pretty good run out of it...

It was a great little red dot while it was working.

All things considered I feel like I got a pretty good run out of it...
What happened Lazy Eye? Sorry if you already mentioned it in the thread. I can't seem to make up my mind if I want to return mine for the one you had or not. I'm kind of thinking if I don' reallyt like mine with the extended sungard probably never I'll never like it. Almost bought the SightMark Knockoff EOTech but felt it might be two bulky.

Back