• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

CMP Special Grade

Lol pick up 730pm est. no range for a bit I have some work kicking up again. Will get my FFL dealer to take a pic of me and the Garand at pick up. Tear down and cleaning this weekend and grease her up.

When I hit the range it shall be glorious. And I will have picks of the targets at 100 and 200 8 rounds min.

having technical difficulties in getting the trigger group back in the M1 Garand:

Took apart my garand and now I can't get the trigger group to lock back into the stock. It's the trigger guard that has a wave to it (no hole at the end). Seems the latch goes half way and then it seems to be obstructed by something and won't go all the way down. I've given a good amount of force but I don't want to screw this up. Any assistance I can't tell whats holding this thing back. It locks back just fine out side of the stock.

Cant get past this part:

15593776811_b85102552c.jpg

WM~

When it clicks in easily your stock fit is so loose that accuracy suffers somewhat. So be glad it's that tight.

That little glimpse of the stock looks like it has great wood!

Last edited:
And here's the photos:

15594659641_3298c9148a.jpg

14977167243_20f8607179.jpg

New wood, new barrel, seems to be a brand new trigger housing and springs… Receiver is a Springfield Armory dated around August 1944 3.1 million serial number (if I'm reading the charts right)

Trigger pull is wicked smooth and lighter than I expected…. oh man… Awesome.

Wife had ZERO issues with this purchase. Her grandfather (whom she loved very dearly) carried this in the war and she broke out pictures to compare.

I'll be honest, the gun looks fantastic, the photos are great, but this is priceless:

Wife had ZERO issues with this purchase. Her grandfather (whom she loved very dearly) carried this in the war and she broke out pictures to compare.

And here's the photos:

15594659641_3298c9148a.jpg

New wood, new barrel, seems to be a brand new trigger housing and springs… Receiver is a Springfield Armory dated around August 1944 3.1 million serial number (if I'm reading the charts right)

WOW ! I wish I owned that rifle......that's one of the best looking Garands I have ever seen!!!

And here's the photos:

AWESOME MAN !!!

placed an order for some gunny paste wax for the stock and a grease pencil to highlight the serial numbers, windage/elevation knob numbers and hash marks from garandgear.com

Wife is going out with a friend tomorrow so I'll have all the time I need to break her down, clean her and lube her tomorrow without distraction. I'll see about getting a pic of her grandfather's war photo tonight.

I shall name this Garand Rosie...

Back