• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

ANY INTEREST in a REAL AR15 Sight & Alum HIDER for 715t ???

fmj50

.22LR
I'm gaging interest in making rear M16 front sight posts and aluminum slip on flash hider for the 715t.
I make these for the S&W 1522 and now that the 715t has gained popularity, I am wondering if there would be enough interest in doing this.
I would imagine the handguard to be shortened and an end cap needed also, they the sight post would keep everything tight.
The flash hider would be a neat slip fit and attach with an 8-32 cup point set screw, this has been more that sufficient for the 1522.
I made one (hider) back in 2011 for these but very little interest...
Please reply with your opinions.
Thanks
Pic is of the parts made for 1522
bestkit_zps578e7a8b.jpg

I don't have one but I think others would want to see the setup mounted. (ie: a picture of the rifle)

Another major consideration is the sight height.

Would the rear and new front sight be approximately the same distance over the bore or not?

A lot of people get into that issue when dealing with the AR15 by using a rail height detachable front sight on a gas block for example. Or a gas block height front sight on a rail.

Even when discussing a regular front sight post like you are talking about using, not all of them are the same over bore either. The revision F is supposed to be the one used with a flat top upper receiver. The earlier versions work better with A1's and A2 carryhandles.

Back