• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Homemade Spray Case Lube

terry2425

.270 WIN
Made up a bottle of spray case lube using 2 OZ liquid lanolin and 9 OZ of 91% rubbing alcohol. I lightly sprayed some 223 cases, rotated them 180 degrees and lightly sprayed again. I let them dry about 15 minutes and tried them in the sizing die. I was absolutely amazed how easily they sized. Almost no resistance in the die. Compared to Hornaday One shot, the pressure needed to size was less than 1/4 of what One Shot needed. Who ever came up with that homemade formula really made a winner. Compared to One Shot, the lanolin lube is dirt cheap to make.

That sounds really great Terry. Thanks for sharing. Were did you pick up the liquid lanolin? Good timing too as my One Shot is almost dead.

A friend of mine got it through Amazon. He has some kind of a premium membership with free shipping. I found some good buys on E-Bay.

If you make a batch, make sure you heat the lanolin bottle in very hot water to get it hot. Also get the alcohol very warm and it will mix very nicely and stay mixed.

Terry,

I'm glad you adjusted the ratio to have more lanolin than your initial plan. I feared that initially it wouldn't go well for you on those bottleneck cases.

Back