• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg Tactical .22 715T- New owners area...

bought a 715T Carry handle at a gun show about a month ago. Finally was able to take it to the range today to try it out and sight in the gun sights and sight in a cheap 4x32 scope I purchased for it. The gun sight was able to sight in with the elevation all the way up at 7 to 20 yards and was on target. I didn't have any trouble sighting in the scope on the handle rail. I must have bought a scope that has a lot of play for windage and and elevation and it does need adjustment after 10 yard distances, but Im ok with that.
Otherwise the gun worked flawlessly. No FTE, FTF, stovepipes or magazine jams using CCI Blasers after 200 rounds. The magazine is a little hard to load even with leaving it fully loaded since the day I bought it, but I'm sure that will ease up over time. I'm well aware of the issues of the 25rd mags and hope that Mossberg does re-engineer it. The only other design flaw I noticed that has probably been stated here already: After I sighted in the sights (elevation on rear sight all the way up) and mounted the top rail on the handle with my scope I could not use the gunsights since the top rail had blocked the line of sight. Its not a big concern to me since the top rail is easily taken on and off. Other than this I think I will eventually get some type of pad for the butt of the stock. It does provide plenty of traction but it is a little rough on the shoulder if wearing only a tshirt. Any recomendations for a pad?. I do notice there are screw holes in the stock for an attachment, maybe ATI has something?
Overall it definitely isn't a 10/22 or a Marlin but it shoots straight and true for me and from what I have read and used CCI is probably the choice ammo for this rifle.

Welcome to the forum from NY and congrats on your new Mossy. Glad to hear she's shootin' straight for you.:)

Re: New Toy

Congratulations on your new Mossberg Tactical .22 autoloader! Its great to hear you had a good first day out with it. What other firearms do you have?
Just purchased the 715t and I must say it's really a fun gun to shoot and its very accurate.i just wished the 25 round mag was not in danger here in canada.i hope this little riffle will get more RnD aesthetic details in future models.after all.guys like me are looking to get a surrogate to the real ar15 platform.wich is prohibited over here and a pain to legally own.other guns I own are. 303 lee enfield a mossberg pump action 12 gauge shotgun and a yougo m48 bo mauser.i still really enjoy my 715t though
IMG_20140915_152204.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi guys.its been awhile.i was wondering if anybody on here would know how I could shorten my hand guard in a clean way where it would like it came from the factory like an m4.id like to have more barel showing.if not does anyone know where I could purchase a shorter handguard.

Attachments

• IMG_20141021_000711.jpg
    IMG_20141021_000711.jpg
    585 KB · Views: 9
Here's a picture of my new Mossberg 71ST rifle I purchased last week. It came with a pretty nice red dot sight and added the green laser/flashlight and vertical grip that drops into a bi-pod today. It's raining so need it to clear up quickly so I can go sight in the laser and shoot some more!

Attachments

• Mossberg 715T.jpg
    Mossberg 715T.jpg
    560.1 KB · Views: 7
Just picked up my carry handle 715T Tues. 1/5/16. Have already added the 10/22 muzzle brake, red/grenn dot optic, Tactical Ergonomic Forward point-shooting Angled Foregrip.
Plan to pick up at least 1 25 rd. mag also.

Back