• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

I Need 20ga and .410 18" Barrel Bolt Thread Size & Pitch and Barrel and Mag Tube Diameters

Bobster

.30-06
I Need 20ga and .410 18" Barrel Bolt Thread Size & Pitch and Barrel and Mag Tube Diameters for models 500C and 500E.

Title says it all. A "project" I am working on requires me to know the dimensions of the barrel bolt, lug thickness, space between mag tube and barrel, diameters of barrel at muzzle and mag tube AND size and pitch of the barrel bolt/mag tube threaded hole. This would be for a "home defense" sized barrel of 18" in both/either .410 and/or 20ga.

Search the "Walking Dead" thread and you'll see what/why I need this info! :D Thanks! :)

Bobster I have a 500C I can measure but am a little confused as to what you actually want measured.

Are you asking for the the thread size and pitch for the sling mount or the threads where the bolt that holds the barrel to the lug or where the mag tube threads into the receiver. My guess based on what your project is would be the threads on the lug but I just want to be sure.

Bobster I have a 500C I can measure but am a little confused as to what you actually want measured.

Are you asking for the the thread size and pitch for the sling mount or the threads where the bolt that holds the barrel to the lug or where the mag tube threads into the receiver. My guess based on what your project is would be the threads on the lug but I just want to be sure.

I'd like to know the thread and size of the "bolt" that holds the barrel to the mag tube. I'm curious if it is the same as a 12ga or smaller...

And the O.D. of the barrel near the muzzle (to figure out a clamp size). And for reference, the O.D. of the mag tube.

Thanks Mike!

I did measure the tube and barrel of my SA-20 and maybe they are similar to a 500C. I am still curious if the barrel bolt is smaller than the 12ga which is 7/16-20. Thanks again! :)

I did measure the tube and barrel of my SA-20 and maybe they are similar to a 500C. I am still curious if the barrel bolt is smaller than the 12ga which is 7/16-20. Thanks again! :)

According to Mossberg all three are different,,,
.410= #10001
20ga=#3857
12ga=#3874

Sorry all I have is the part numbers and not the size.

@Bobster

The threads in the barrel bolt are the same on the 500C as they are on the 500A. Either barrel will bolt on to either magazine tube.

500C:
knurled portion of barrel bolt: .880"
magazine tube OD: .878"
barrel OD @ at muzzle:
.080" 28" field Barrel
.774" 18.5" security barrel
.795" 21" turkey barrel (camo dipped)

500A:
Knurled portion of barrel bolt: .986"
Barrel OD @ muzzle: .933" 12G rifled slug barrel w/ sights
Magazine tub OD: .980"

I don't actually have a 500, I just use a slug barrel on my 835 so this is all I have to measure.

I'm not sure the the actual thread pitch of the barrel bolt.

ILet me know if you need anything else

Back