• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 930 Pusher Assembly

I am going to try to have one made from aluminum with steel pins. I have also sent a message to Jerry Miculek asking if uses a standard Pusher Assembly or if he manufactured a custom one like he did with his 930's bolt assembly.

Nice!

That seems like a win to me. If you break these next two we're gonna have to get somebody to fabricate one for you in titanium or something...
Iam already on it. Titanium would be too $$$ I think I can get away with 7075 but I will have to test it to make sure. I started designing it on the computer. So give me a little time before I have a working model.

I am working on the Pusher Assembly OEM design. I have a thousand rounds of one ounce slugs (1600fps). I think that should do the trick for a torture test.

Okay, yesterday I received two new Pusher Assemblies from Mossberg Customer Service (Thanks Joe).

Here is what they look like compared to the original PA and the first replacement PA. The most recent replacement PA's look a bit rough when compared to the first two (Used) PA's. I am going to take one of the new PA's and modify it to see if the modification reduces or eliminates the cracking.

Attachments

• IMAG0660.jpg
    IMAG0660.jpg
    925 KB · Views: 19
  • IMAG0696.jpg
    IMAG0696.jpg
    923.9 KB · Views: 15
  • IMAG0697.jpg
    IMAG0697.jpg
    898.9 KB · Views: 16
  • IMAG0698.jpg
    IMAG0698.jpg
    860.7 KB · Views: 16
  • IMAG0699.jpg
    IMAG0699.jpg
    924 KB · Views: 15
Just inspected my pusher assembly and found the same crack down the center as yours had. I will be contacting Mossberg (Joe) in the morning.

Talked to Joe at Mossberg and he is sending out a new pusher assembly. Time will tell how long the new unit lasts.

I probably only had 600 rounds through the pusher that cracked although many of those rounds were 1600fps monster slugs.

Iam already on it. Titanium would be too $$$ I think I can get away with 7075 but I will have to test it to make sure. I started designing it on the computer. So give me a little time before I have a working model.

Hey @KentuckyWindage , you still out there?

The modified PA has yet to crack after over 2000 rounds. However, the other two PA's had more rounds on average. Plus, I have not shot any slugs since installing the modified PA.

Back