• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

possible ejector issue?

Mr. Holbrook

Copper BB
I just recently inherited a 835 ulti-mag from father before he passed. When i received it the forend was seized in the back position.. i took it apart and replaced the broken plastic forend with a aftermarket one with an action tube slide.. after i put it back together it pumps fine until it reaches all the way back.. then it seems to be getting caught or stuck and is difficult to pump forward.. any ideas or thoughts would be greatly appreciated..thanks

Welcome aboard and condolences on your father's passing.

Your issue is not uncommon and may have to do with the shell stop. Unloaded, of course, turn the weapon upside down so you have a clear view into the loading port. Slowly pull the forend rearward and watch to see if the action bar is sliding under/behind the shell stop instead of over it. If so, your shell stop is out of spec and can be bent back into proper form by hand.

This is the most common cause of the issue you describe. If that's not the culprit let us know and we will look into other options...

Welcome aboard and condolences on your father's passing.

Your issue is not uncommon and may have to do with the shell stop. Unloaded, of course, turn the weapon upside down so you have a clear view into the loading port. Slowly pull the forend rearward and watch to see if the action bar is sliding under/behind the shell stop instead of over it. If so, your shell stop is out of spec and can be bent back into proper form by hand.

This is the most common cause of the issue you describe. If that's not the culprit let us know and we will look into other options...
Alright..I'll take a look when i get home

It may be the barrel is a bit wider and causing the for-end to bind. If so a little Dremel work will fix it right up.

It may be the barrel is a bit wider and causing the for-end to bind. If so a little Dremel work will fix it right up.
I don't think it's the barrel.. everything fits perfectly. It's just when it reaches all the way back something in the action outs binding up..thanks though for the insite

Alright..I'll take a look when i get home
I did what you said..held up side down so i could look in there.. couldn't really see anything malfunctioning in it.. still looking though incase there it's something I'm missing..I'll throw an update later this week to let you know.. thanks again

Back