• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

End of the world!

yeah, I do that too. Easy to do these days, could be a lot worse but certain issues are getting old and not improving that's for sure

could not resist. there is a nice marlin lever collection up for grabs at that time.

since I didn't participate in the original thread, I'll drop my two in here.
I would go with my AR and my XD. Reliable and readily available ammo.
Quickly behind that, add a high powered suppressed air rifle.

Keep buying/making ammo, my brothers and sisters. It will be a valuable apocalyptic currency! :cool: I'm talking military calibers, here. If you have an odd-ball or unpopular caliber, don't be offended when I don't want to trade with you... ;)

AR's and Glocks are my choices. Easy to maintain and repair, they are also plentiful in my area here. I also have a good stock of repair parts for both platforms. Ammo will be the hard part, but I keep a lot stashed back, so I am confident I have the guns and ammo part covered.

Wish I had an AR or a Mini-14 to choose but I don't.

So, if I had to pick which 2 I'd grab on my way out the door...it would have to be my Rem 870 w/ 20" barrel affixed instead of the 26" and my IWI 9mm pistol.

I'd cry a little leaving my Rem 700 hunting rifle behind but gotta go with overall utility and what makes sense. At least the shotgun affords some versatility, 20" barrel has rifle sights and a smooth bore. So she's good for slugs, bird and buckshot.

I'd cry a little leaving my Rem 700 hunting rifle behind but gotta go with overall utility and what makes sense. At least the shotgun affords some versatility, 20" barrel has rifle sights and a smooth bore. So she's good for slugs, bird and buckshot.

If you have some time, bury the 700 in some PVC pipe in case you can ever get back to retrieve it. Don't forget the ammo!

BC is big. Have a bunch of friends in the oil patch and have spent a lot of time south of Calgary. Traveled a lot of BC in 08, most beautiful country. I want to do it again.
Oil prices have hurt the oil patch and the machine that drives Canada as of lately.

BC is big. Have a bunch of friends in the oil patch and have spent a lot of time south of Calgary. Traveled a lot of BC in 08, most beautiful country. I want to do it again.
Oil prices have hurt the oil patch and the machine that drives Canada as of lately.
Everything is big here...big mountains, big rivers, big lakes, big forests, big cities, big liberals...shall I continue?!? Lol

FWIW, if the end of the "world" does come so to speak, I figure I'm gonna head for one of three places depending on ease of passage.....

1) John A's house cuz I figure we could fend off zombie hordes or an army there.

2) Oli's place cuz he's just a bada$$ mofo and when $hite hits the fan I figure him and his even more bada$$ dog are a good bet. Not only that, when rebuilding happens...Oli will likely be the new president.

3) AK's place cuz it's likely no one in their right mind will want to come and invade Alaska and the zombies will be turned to frozen popsicles.

Jus sayin....:D

Just a thought. If the SHTF in the form of say an EMP that knocks out the entire grid, there just isn't enough wild game out there to feed us all. Some areas are going to be hunted out fairly quickly. And anywhere close to a population concentration...forget it. Large percentages of folks are going to starve. :( Wouldn't take very long, either. Take care. Tom Worthington

Back