• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Anyone collect U.S. Fighting Knives ?

I've got a ka-bar and an Ontario fighting knife I've bought new over the past few years. And an Ontario M9 bayo that I bought from another member here last year

I started buying fighting knives bask in the 1970's. For $50. you could get the best of them. First one was a WW2, USMC,.. M2 KaBar with the Marine's name on it. Bought it from his family. Next came a Case 6" blade and a Western 5" hunting knife that came from a passed Marines family. He carried both throughout the Pacific campaign during WW2. They are out there, keep looking.

KA-BAR Fighting Knife...

SPECS:

Material: Steel 1095 Cro-Van
Blade Type: Fixed
Blade Point: Clip
Blade Length: 7 inches
Overall Length: 11-3/4 inches
Weight: 0.70 lb
Blade Thickness: 0.165
Edge Angle: 20 Degrees
Handle Material: Kraton G®
Grind: Flat
HRC: 56-58
Butt Cap/Guard: Powdered Metal
Sheath: Glass Filled Nylon
Made in the USA

Ontario M9 Bayonet ( afixed my Mossberg 590A1 )...

SPECS:

• 420 modified Stainless Steel
  • Blade Length: 7.0"
  • Overall Length: 12.13"
  • Blade Thickness: 0.25"
  • Hardness: 53-57 HRC
  • Full tang construction
  • Milled sawtooth
  • Blade Finish: Zinc Phosphate
  • Sub-zero Cryo HT
  • Grooved, textured thermoplastic glass reinforced nylon handle
  • Weather-resistant zinc phosphate coated steel guard and cap
  • Quick release universal military holster scabbard
  • Rugged thermoplastic nylon with wire cutter and screwdriver
  • Weighs 16 ozs
  • Made in the USA

Myself, I only carried a TL 29, while I was in the Army. If they had M9's back in my day, I would have wanted one. Nice looking working knife.

15976765832_8964b476a5_c.jpg
15976765692_dcdfcb72ba_c.jpg

Bayonet, Model M1 Modified w/ SCABBARD. UNION FORK & HOE MFG
Used Model M1 Modified (Shortened) bayonet.
These bayonets have been converted/cut down to 10" in
length from previous 16" Model 1905s. Bayonet and scabbard
are used exhibiting scratches, dents, dings and rust.
Blade, button, & handle of bayonet are not broken & no parts
are missing. The scabbard may be foreign manufacture,
discolored, painted, &/or cut down to match bayonet length.
Bayonet & scabbard show expected wear for age of item.
Manufactured by Union Fork and Hoe.

Water. Your bayonet finish looks like a Greek finish. We loaned them tons of left over WW2 stuff in the late 1940's. Most of it came back via the CMP, within the last 6-8 years. If it could talk. Bob.

Water. Your bayonet finish looks like a Greek finish. We loaned them tons of left over WW2 stuff in the late 1940's. Most of it came back via the CMP, within the last 6-8 years. If it could talk. Bob.
Possible I got it from CMP recently for my M1 Garand. If it could talk I'd buy it a beer and sit down to listen.

I have one M-3 Knife, but don't have a photo. That is my only "fighting" knife. I do have a Colonial USN Mk.I Knife with fibreglas sheath, but that is more of a utility knife, than for combat. I also have a KA-BAR USN Mk.I and USN Mk.II Utility Knives, but they are not WWII, but modern production.
Have a handful of bayonets, both US and British WWII.
Mark

I have a few. My favorite is the Mark 2, but I like them all.

I like them all too.

Here's a pic of an Explorer MK IV imported from Japan during the late 70's. It even still has the original leather leg tie down straps.

Quality of the blade is exceptional. It would have no problem getting underneath of a ribcage.

MKIV001_zps716bffbc.jpg

Bayonets are among my favorites! I recently purchased a Mil-Par M7 bayonet. While I can't pinpoint the production date, the Ohio manufacturer held a govt contract between '64 and '69 if I understand correctly.

image.jpg

Back