• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Duck Hunting

LTB45

.30-06
Rest in Peace
Supporter
Went Duck hunting Saturday morning.
Got a Goose with my 500 named Bubba.
10407937_10204023363358660_5996168240785651201_n.jpg

There were 3 of us hunting so actually we got 3 Geese out of the only flock of anything to fly near enough to us. We were hunting on solid ground with a lot of wet marshy junk between us and the river.
We popped them pretty early and the swamp was semi frozen. When we dropped them, 2 fell pretty close and the third hit the river. The race was on to get the one floating away. Running out there was easy but after an hour of working to get the floater the sun starts MELTING the marsh mud.

4 times on the way back to solid land I went knee deep into the muck. That stick in my left hand and one of my hunting buddies helped get me out over and over. The last 40 yards of travel took more than 40 minutes to conquer.
Finally back on solid land my other buddy returned with the floater!!!

All in all it was a great day. I have come to the conclusion that I am NOT running into the marsh again until mid DECEMBER ;)

Oh and this is what we had for dinner Saturday night.
Goose breast stuffed with Tangerines & Raisins wrapped in Bacon.
Gravy of sautéed Red Onions in EVOO & Butter, Pineapple Juice, Orange Juice, Chicken Broth & Raisins. YUMMMMM!!!!!

10309527_10204026597199504_3223695967469416283_n.jpg

I'm jealous, I have not duck/goose hunted since I was a kid.

Congrats. That looks like a very tasty meal.

Looks like you hunt the same way we do in central Maine. Only difference is we use a dog to do the retrieving. Great fun either way. Bob.

For all waterfowl hunting I use
3" #2 Steel
These were shells I bought at Walmart
Winchester Super X
1 1/8oz
1550 velocity.

Honestly I would have bought anything 3" #2 Steel that they had

Duck season ended today around here.
BUT we get to keep shooting GEESE until Valentines Day

Back