• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Blade-Tech holster for an unfluted 627-5 came in

nitesite

Average Guy
"Philanthropist"
You've seen the 627-5 snub revolver recently. An 8-shot moon-clipped N-Frame from the S&W Performance Center. You can imagine that holsters for these are damn difficult for find. Some leather holster makers do a beautiful job making custom N-frame holster for a snub-nose however they have cylinder flute moldings in the leather so I didn't want that.

Here's what Blade-Tech made for me.

Okay, first off... here are some hastily taken photos taken this morning at sunup, so the color balance is somewhat off because of the orange/yellow sunlight. The FDE is a nice subtle earth tone with a slight hint of moss green in with the natural loam brown.

This was a great choice for me. It is molded specifically for the PC627-5 snub with its unfluted cylinder. It has four adjustments for belt width, and can be adjusted for cant three ways (I assume straight rise/FBI/cross-draw). The "hooks" on the paddle are massive and you'll never have this baby come off inadvertently.

The sight tunnel is very tall and roomy and the tension adjustments work exquisitely for retention and draw stroke. I ordered this on Christmas Eve and despite holiday closings for Christmas and New Years I received my holster the first week of January. If I want to ditch the paddle system I can order a different backing plate for a few dollars to change it to a belt loop (or even a thigh rig... uggh).

I hope you enjoyed the photos!

Dave (nitesite)

I think one of my dream shooting days would be revolver shooting with you on one side and Miculek.....bet he runs out of ammo before us with his sloppy shooting and all

Been off the grid all day today.

This is what happens when I'm off-line for a few hours, @nitesite goes and solves one of my problems. Excellent find Sir, it looks great. Did you get a model number or is this something I'd have to call them and ask for a custom job. If you have a direct contact I'm definitely interested...

Nah. It's a patterned holster they have on their site. No special order needed.

http://shop.blade-tech.com/index.php?cPath=1_23_24

I'm very pleased with this one. They show a 629 2.5" in their pull-down menu. I don't remember if your gun has cylinder flutes or not but I bet they would do it either way.

It cost me right at $60 shipped.

I remember that fine PC629. SKU #170135. It is soooo nice.

What holster have you been carrying it in? I'm really curious. I looked at some leather holsters for mine but they were boned for cylinder flutes soooo...

Both my PC627 and your PC629 have 2.625" barrels which Blade Tech actually had a cataloged pattern for the unfluted cylinder/barrel length (but the holster I got looks like it would easily handle a 2-3/4" barrel). I saw on Blade Tech's site that they do pattern holsters for the 2.5" barrel 29 but I think yours would actually take the PC627-5 2.625" version they have in their catalog. Probably mention the 627 only because it's the gun they have in their inventory to mold the Kydex to, or they would also list it for the PC629 snub. And of course, it doesn't have to be a paddle style. They can make practically anything for that unfluted N-Frame 2-5/8" ~ 2-3/4" series.

Last edited:
I remember that fine PC629. SKU #170135. It is soooo nice.
What holster have you been carrying it in? I'm really curious. I looked at some leather holsters for mine but they were boned for cylinder flutes soooo...

Been carrying it in a Galco Combat Master that's made for my model 325 Night Guard...

The holster is boned for flutes and is a little long for the 629, but it sits in there nice and snug. Haven't had any issues with it moving around at all and the 325 still fits tightly afterward...

Very nice holster nite!
I just ordered a couple alien gear holsters the 2.0 versions. We will see how they are in a few weeks

Nice. Bladetech makes a nice holster. In fact I still use the Bladtech belt loops on my Raven style holster. I ony stopped using the Bladetech because I switched guns and found a local guy that made decent holsters for me.

Don't know how exactly I missed it when you posted, but that is one sweet looking setup Hoss.

Don't know how exactly I missed it when you posted, but that is one sweet looking setup Hoss.

Thank you, Pard. It's been riding pretty nicely on my hip lately since I got the Blade-Tech. New gun, new holster... you know exactly why I'm totin' it a lot! :D

I carried this setup into an IMAX movie theater last weekend when I viewed "American Sniper" and having it on me was VERY reassuring.

Back