• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 100 ATR Aftermarket Stock OPTIONS

Called Mossberg yesterday at (800)363-3555 and was able to order the trigger guard for the ATR-100. It's a little less than 25.00 out the door. I was on hold for no more than 3 minutes. Hope this helps...

RL

Re: 100 ATR stocks available separately?

RedNeck89 said:
I just put a Boyds Ft thumbhole syock on mine. Going to sell the black composit stock...

how much are you asking for it and what cal is your gun mine is a 308 im looking for a new one

Bro...you do know that the post you quoted is from 2011.....3 yrs old.

I ordered a steel Remington 700 ADL trigger guard to fit a Boyds thumbhole stock for the short action 100 ATR in .308. It fit perfectly.
I had to use an Exacto knife to scrape the excess finish away from the recess in the stock and it fit airtight.
The problem is that the finger/trigger hole is too far forward so you have to reverse the trigger guard so the trigger clears and drill it for the 1/4-28 bolt in the rear action hole. Then you have to countersink the hole and buy a 1/4-28 x 1.75" flat head socket bolt and cut off a tad to fit it into the action. I ordered it in ASTM F835 for good shear strength. No one has any grade 8 1/4-28 bolts in flat head. Since the other hole in the trigger guard is large (matches the one you just drilled and countersunk), you have to put in a #14 flat head screw (1/4" shank) to finish the job. The other issue is that you get exactly 3.5 turns onto the front action screw on this stock and that is really minimal. To get the full depthThen you get to start relieving the material around the barrel to get the free float in the stock. I live in Los Angeles and after going to several places that specialize in bolts, I had to order the bolts online.
BoltDepot.com had them
Socket flat head, Alloy steel black oil finish, 1/4"-28 x 1-3/4"
Wood screws, Phillips flat head, Stainless steel 18-8, #14 x 1"
Socket button head, Chrome plated grade 8 steel, 1/4"-28 x 1"
TriggerGuard.jpg

The guard must be installed backwards
GuardNormal.jpg

no room for the trigger pull
ReverseGuard.jpg

Once it is turned around there is space for the trigger pull.

Last edited:
I got the pillars installed and the action fits in the stock absolutely perfect. I did the mill with a drill press and a vise clamped down. Not the ideal setup but it got the job done. This is what it takes to do a short throw Boyds stock.

BothPillars.jpg

FrontPillar.jpg

RearPillar.jpg

Hey fellow Mossberg atr100 owners. I found this thread last night and joined the sight. I had bought my son a ATR100 quite a few years back when he was in middle school and now he is older and has out grown the stock Been searching off and on for a stock. After reading the posts on hear and the suggestion to call Mossberg I gave them a call today and the 1st time was going to be on hold for 30 minutes so hung up and called back and was on hold for 1 minute and got a really nice lady told her my deal and she asked if I got a coupon and I said no and she said she would mail me one right out and I asked what the cost would be and she told me $17.50 wow cant beat that at all. So once I get the coupon in I will get a full size composite stock for it.

Thanks everyone

G

Welcome to the forum from NY. Sounds like a great deal !

Keep us posted.

I removed my full size composite stock within the first 5 minutes after I brought my 100 ATR home. The foregrip was so soft I could move it with my hand against the barrel which defeated the free float barrel concept. It sits in the box it came in waiting for a good home. Free to anyone that wants to pay the shipping.
A nice guy once gave me a real M-16 stock to complete my son's rifle and I thought I'd offer to return the favor.

BlindLemon, I'd like to take the stock off yours hands if you still have it. Let me know how much you'd like for shipping and I can send it to you however is convenient. Thanks

Will

Well wanted to update eveyone on my experience so far with trying to get a full size stock from the manufactor. 1st of all I guess Maverick Arms is the actual manufactor of Mossburg. 2nd of all I guess their version of English and mine are 2 different things. :)

My first call to them went really good as stated before however what really showed up was their catalog and that was it. So I called in again and got a really nice young lady and explained to her the issue and what I needed and what I got. She laughed and said oh Im so sorry. She took my information again and I reiterated 100ATR .243 with youth stock is what I have and what I need is a full size stock for this. So in the mail today is a envelope from Maverick arms I was like yes finanly I can get it ordered. Opened it up and yes there is a coupon. Ha however after looking at it states this.

"Special 50% Discount this coupon entitles the original owner .......

This offer is only available through the Mossberg factor for Bantam shotguns. 20 gauge"

Hello Mcfly I think there is a difference between a 100 ATR stock and a Bantam Shot stock.

Oh my.....

Sorry If I sound a little bent out of shape but 2 times now. Just tried to call them and they are only open M-F 7am to 5pm.

So I guess I will call again on Monday.

Will keep you in the loop on the on going saga of "can i get a stock"

Thanks

G

Good luck.

Next time you speak to someone, ask for a replacement stock for a particular Mossberg model number. That seems to be the best way to accomplish what you're trying to do. Take a look through the models in this link and reference the model number that has the length and color stock you are looking for, item#27220, etc...

http://www.mossberg.com/rifle-calibers/243-win

Oh and by the way, Mossberg is the parent company and manufacturer. Their customer service and fulfillment departments are based in the Maverick Arms facility in Eagle Pass Texas...

Good luck.

Next time you speak to someone, ask for a replacement stock for a particular Mossberg model number. That seems to be the best way to accomplish what you're trying to do. Take a look through the models in this link and reference the model number that has the length and color stock you are looking for, item#27220, etc...

http://www.mossberg.com/rifle-calibers/243-win

Oh and by the way, Mossberg is the parent company and manufacturer. Their customer service and fulfillment departments are based in the Maverick Arms facility in Eagle Pass Texas...

Thanks Lazy Eye for your response. So question for you. So I assume the only difference from on the 100 ATR from youth to adult is the size of the stock
all action screw holes will be the same correct.

Also on the statement I made about the Maverick arms Is I had asked the young lady about the Maverick arms label and she is the one that stated they are the manufactor and service center of Mossberg. So if that is not the case my appologies was just going off what I was told.

Thanks so much L.E.S for your valued input.

I will call them on Monday

Thanks

G

No problem, glad to help.

I would assume the action screws are the same, but cannot say for sure. We have a contact at Mossberg that maybe able the help. Joseph Zakher is their lead tech rep and should be able to give you a solid answer...

Joe Zakher
jzakher@maverickarms.com

So I gave them a call up today and got another nice young lady and went thru the whole story with her and what I needed a replacement full size stock for said stated ATR100. Was told there was a 50% discount she then commenced to looking it up and came back and stated there is not a discount on that it was only for the 20 gauge Bantam shot gun. I then commenced to asking her then why did 2 previous rep's state there was. She then stated she would check with her manager I asked her to go ahead and transfer me to them. She put me on hold and came back and state her manager was out and her supervisor was on the phone however he did state due to my inconvience and the issue that he authorized a 50% discount on the stock of my choice.

So just to let you know here are there marked prices.

Wood $105
Synthetic Black $72
Camo $90

So since I was getting that good of a discount I went ahead and got the Realtree AP stock $45 plus $8.95 shipping should arrive in 2 to 3 weeks she stated.

So now I truly hope I get what I ordered and all is well.

Thanks everyone

G

Well this is kind of a disappointment. I say that because I was hoping for some type of competition style stock, but seems after reading this topic there isn't anything like that out there........ Oh well, I may just have to take advantage of the RealTree camo stock as I would like to have that instead of the plain, boring black synthetic stock. Hope you post pics of it soon!

Back