• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Old routers

GunnyGene

Racist old man
BANNED
No, this isn't about that thing you plug in to your computer. These are old woodworking tools that I thought might interest a couple folks here. They are all in one mans collection (James Price), and he uses most of them.

This one was made in 1621.

1621-router2-01.jpg

Article and pics of the others: http://www.wkfinetools.com/contrib2/priceJ/myRouters/myRouters-01.asp

Love old tools kinda wished the showed the profiles that some of them make. There are alot of old homes here in new england it really tough to find bits to recreate the old profiles some just can't be done with electric routers!

Love old tools kinda wished the showed the profiles that some of them make. There are alot of old homes here in new england it really tough to find bits to recreate the old profiles some just can't be done with electric routers!

Very true. Same here in MS. I have a couple old wood molding planes that I use occasionally. If you only have the wood body, you could grind/file your own bits to match a profile, from tool steel stock.

Do you have any gunny? I don't....I've been looking for one though.

Do you have any gunny? I don't....I've been looking for one though.

I don't have any extra's, but there's a guy down the road from me that has a few for sale. I'll check this coming sat. and take a few pics for you. I know the ones he has are old wood bodies that will likely need some tlc. Are you looking for a specific profile?

The reason old moldings and such are so hard to duplicate, is that the craftsmen back then nearly always made their own planes and there weren't really any standardized shapes/sizes like today. Wasn't uncommon for a man to have dozens of different profile molders.

Last edited:
Back