• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Video: Detailed Review of 590A1

Awesome video, followed it pretty much step by step as I disassembled and cleaned my new 590A1 :) Very useful for gun newbies like myself!

OMG, WaterMonkey, This is crazy, I learned about my warbonnet hammock and hiking from your videos about 2 years ago and no I am learning about my new 590A1 from you, Wow, it's like running into an old friend!!!

Well I have to get back to the video, hope your well!

Jim

Welcome brother! Glad I can help. Working slowing to recover from herniated discs in my neck causing nerve issues in my hands.

I should be frosty by April. Planning a hike with my niece.

Good Luck with the recovery, I kind of wish I still lived on LI, I would join ya's. If your ever in the north east Ga area you can crash here and we can do some hiking and shooting!!!

So glad I stumbled onto this video. I'm about to purchase my first shotgun, which is the 590 A1. Just viewed the entire vid. Wow! You even explained how the shotgun operates in detail. Every section is very educational for me. I've already saved this vid in order to watch it several times before I actually take delivery. Now, I just need to shop around for best price. Thank you so much for the time and energy you put into this gem.

Welcome aboard from PA! It is a great video. I'm glad you found it and M.O. I hope you take some time and check in on the New Members Thread too. You will find we are all things Mossberg but also a bunch of gun folks in general.

Welcome aboard from PA! It is a great video. I'm glad you found it and M.O. I hope you take some time and check in on the New Members Thread too. You will find we are all things Mossberg but also a bunch of gun folks in general.

Thank you, sir! Headed over there now to introduce myself. :)

Quick question, new to this forum. I am looking into purchasing a used m590a1 with ghost ring sights from my local store for 399$ looks like it is in excellent condition except for the yellowish glue under the front sight that looks to have maybe dripped towards the tip of the barrel and dried. Would that be an issue removing or cause any sort of rust or corrosion? Thanks

Quick question, new to this forum. I am looking into purchasing a used m590a1 with ghost ring sights from my local store for 399$ looks like it is in excellent condition except for the yellowish glue under the front sight that looks to have maybe dripped towards the tip of the barrel and dried. Would that be an issue removing or cause any sort of rust or corrosion? Thanks

Welcome from MI!!

A pic would definitely help. If it is yellowish in color it may just be flux from when the sight was soldered in place. Odd that it would still be on the barrel though. Another concern is that the sight was at some point re-glued back in place instead of being soldered. Is this a new gun or used?

It is used. I don't have a picture but I will try to find one. Could it be that the glue the previous owner used dripped down and he never wiped it? I'm just curious if it could be taken off or not. If you kind of scratch your nail on it you definitely feel the hard glue

Are you referring to the part I have circled?

pix02610.jpg

If that is the case i would not worry about it, but I am less picky than must of my guns have "personality" marks.

Yes but the stain is all the way from the sight to that spot. I will be putting the gun on hold and try to get s picture tonight

I'd venture to say that because of the pattern, this is residue from the silver solder used to fix the front sight base.

The barrels are finished after the sight bases are installed and the parkerization does not take to the silver solder, hence the yellowish discoloration around the bottom edges of the sight base, mag tube supports, etc. If the silver solder dripped or ran and was wiped away after, any residue would likely cause the same yellowish discoloration along the area of contact. If that's the case then it's a simple matter of a sloppy finish...

OK that would make a whole bunch of sense. I actually took some remoil and a soft bristle brush to the tip kf the barrel and most of it came right off. Fired some slugs through it no problem. I think it was a great investment next step is finding a wooden stock and wood forend!

Back