• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 930 Autoloader Stock Options

That would be a good option if you could just buy the shorter buffer, it would allow you to easily modify the existing stock. No pistol grip for me either. I may just buy the gun and wait for the part to come out.

GREAT NEWS!!! The newest technology, perhaps the best ever recoil pad will be made for the Choate Mark 5 pistol grip stock.I have been emailing Marcie Photon of LimbSaver and they will be releasing there brand new Air Tech recoil pad for the Choate in mid February. The model number is # 10812.Marcie said that folks have preordereds in now . I will be getting mine in this week! I really think the LimbSaver grind to fit Speed Mount I managed to install on my 930 24" Turkey was the best modification I did bar none.I can shoot all 3" mag loads without pain after I got it on.Best of all I'm more accurate because I know it will not hurt.LimbSaver says the Air Tech will be the most effective pad ever made...I believe it!

So I finally got to shoot my gun with the new Mesa Tactical Urbino stock installed. The first 7 shells it performed perfectly so I thought all was good. Unfortunately after that it was a mess with constant failures to extract. It seems that when pulling the charging handle back there is some light binding and sqeaking noises coming from the internals of the stock. Grrrrrr. Gun performed flawlessly before changing out the stock. Guess I'll take it back apart and see if anything obvious is going on in there. Very disheartening to say the least...

Hammer

I know I've posted these pics in a couple of other threads, please excuse me. I'm proud to be a Mossberg 930 owner and love to share pics and info. That being said, this is the correct place to talk and post about stocks so... here she is.

I bought me a SPX Blackwater recently and love it. I chose this specific model because the sights were easily interchangeable with my needs and I'd eventually like to co-witness with the irons. The one part that I wasn't sure about was the stock. I like how a standard stock puts your thumb right on the safety. Using all the info learned here and through many MANY Google searches I figured out what I wanted. I picked up a used Mossberg Monte Carlo stock for my Blackie. Found it on ebay for 20 bux listed as a Mossberg stock with no mention of it being a 930 stock.

She was shipped the same day I paid and showed up a couple days later. I put it on and quickly put 30 through it. She feels great.

I'm gonna add a limbsaver to it and keep the Choate to switch between the two but I like the MC much better. If there are any other budget suggestions that I can do please let me know. I was gonna save for the Urbino but I consider this a cost effective alternative and now have both rifle and PG stocks.

Hammer, sorry to here of your issues. Looking forward to hearing(reading) the results after the tear down.

Rick

So I finally got to shoot my gun with the new Mesa Tactical Urbino stock installed. The first 7 shells it performed perfectly so I thought all was good. Unfortunately after that it was a mess with constant failures to extract. It seems that when pulling the charging handle back there is some light binding and sqeaking noises coming from the internals of the stock. Grrrrrr. Gun performed flawlessly before changing out the stock. Guess I'll take it back apart and see if anything obvious is going on in there. Very disheartening to say the least...

Hammer

Sorry to see you're having the issue.

Keep us posted...

GREAT NEWS!!! The newest technology, perhaps the best ever recoil pad will be made for the Choate Mark 5 pistol grip stock.I have been emailing Marcie Photon of LimbSaver and they will be releasing there brand new Air Tech recoil pad for the Choate in mid February. The model number is # 10812.Marcie said that folks have preordereds in now . I will be getting mine in this week! I really think the LimbSaver grind to fit Speed Mount I managed to install on my 930 24" Turkey was the best modification I did bar none.I can shoot all 3" mag loads without pain after I got it on.Best of all I'm more accurate because I know it will not hurt.LimbSaver says the Air Tech will be the most effective pad ever made...I believe it!

Bossman, let us know as soon as you get it, or find pictures somewhere on there on the web. Pardon my ignorance, but this will probably NOT fit onto my standard 930 HD.......only onto the SPX Choate model, correct?

Yes it's made for the Choate Mark 5 but I am sure the new Air Tech will be made for the regular 930 stock also. ..I'll break down and ask my son for help posting pics here when I get mine. The combination of a Limbsaver, barrel ports, auto action, plus 6 Nordic tube make shooting ANY 3" mag easier and for me more accurate. The Speed Mount (not ground) the best mod I've made..

Yes it's made for the Choate Mark 5 but I am sure the new Air Tech will be made for the regular 930 stock also. ..I'll break down and ask my son for help posting pics here when I get mine. The combination of a Limbsaver, barrel ports, auto action, plus 6 Nordic tube make shooting ANY 3" mag easier and for me more accurate. The Speed Mount (not ground) the best mod I've made..

Very good, thanks....pic's rule the day.
So did you have your barrel ported, and if so, by whom?
And what was done for your "auto action" mod? :(

Can some one who has shortened their stock post some pics? I have a 930 turkey model I use for coyote hunting and it is a little long when all the winter gear is on.
Specifically the shortening of the recoil tube.

Thanks
Steve

I built my 930 on the 'Turkey ' model with the 24" barrel that has factory ports. .I considered covering the ports up to make it more quiet but with the Nordic SXT mag tube clamp (light and sling mounts) it was more trouble than it was worth. I doubt I would be able to notice any real difference in felt recoil ported or not. But I sure did after getting the Limbsaver!The Choate stock is so big and square and the grind-to fit Speed Mount even bigger it has a lot of surface area to distribute recoil. Plus add in your hand absorbs some of the recoil impulse on really heavy loads I feel no pain.A big heavy push sure but since I know it won't hurt I don't flinch!

A auto verses a pump or single shot shoots softer. .I had a light weight short barrel pump with a hard butplate that left bruises even if held correctly when shooting 3" 15 pellet OO buck.

Can some one who has shortened their stock post some pics? I have a 930 turkey model I use for coyote hunting and it is a little long when all the winter gear is on.
Specifically the shortening of the recoil tube.

Thanks
Steve

You might have to wait a while for that one.

Been hanging around here for several years and I haven't seen anyone successfully shorten a 930 stock. The recoil system uses nearly every bit of the interior space. Shortening the stock would require permanent modification of the already sensitive return system and most likely result in a shorter, single-shot 930...

p733100935-4.jpg

p1005792989-4.jpg

p921550932-4.jpg

p826429900-4.jpg

p550792915-4.jpg

p808446318-4.jpg

p893834253-4.jpg

p712966313-4.jpg

p781141373-4.jpg

p940133122-4.jpg

p614843975-4.jpg

p865120894-4.jpg

p1068784447-4.jpg
Did you review this product? Is it worth the money? Thanks.

I haven't been on this forum in a year or more, but for those who are looking for a reduced LOP, in a traditional (non pistol grip) stock, it can be done.
I bought the Monte Carlo stock, and cut about an inch an a half off the end of it.
image.jpg1_zpsxt1uj8aq.jpg

image.jpg2_zpsqoggasxh.jpg

image.jpg3_zpsvvz3smty.jpg

image.jpg4_zpshf3delor.jpg

Patton, I am also 5'7", so this made a huge difference for me.

Last edited:
Great review. Question. I am only 5'7" so what is the furthermost the stock will push in? I push my magpul stocks on my AR's all the way in and they work great for me. Do you have a picture with it all the way pushed in Thanks!!!

Most of the photos in the review show the stock fully collapsed. Here's one...

It may look extended, but it's not. That's as far in as it goes. The LOP with the factory stock measures 14.5". The Raven stock, when fully collapsed is only .5" shorter at 14"...

Back