• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Newbie with a 20 ga model 88 with a few questions.

I just got a model 88 bought for me for my birthday. It is a 20 gauge. I was curious as to if any one has used the ati talon six position adjustable stock for the 12 gauge on the 20 gauge or if it would work. I have not been able to find much info on a tactical stock for this 20 gauge just mostly information on a 12 gauge. Are there any that you guys would recommend to use? Also I was wondering if anyone new how to go about trying to mount a scope on the gun and if there were any fore grips that had rails on them to mount accessories that would work with my gun? I wanted to have a heat shield for it but from what I understand i cannot use one on this gun. Has anyone ran a heat shield on it and if so was it worth it?

Thanks - Josh

josh fuller said:
I just got a model 88 bought for me for my birthday. It is a 20 gauge. I was curious as to if any one has used the ati talon six position adjustable stock for the 12 gauge on the 20 gauge or if it would work. I have not been able to find much info on a tactical stock for this 20 gauge just mostly information on a 12 gauge. Are there any that you guys would recommend to use? Also I was wondering if anyone new how to go about trying to mount a scope on the gun and if there were any fore grips that had rails on them to mount accessories that would work with my gun? I wanted to have a heat shield for it but from what I understand i cannot use one on this gun. Has anyone ran a heat shield on it and if so was it worth it?

Thanks - Josh

Congrats on your new Mav 88. ATI is a vendor and member here I'm sure they will be able to help you with a stock for your 20ga Mav.

B-Square sells a saddle mount for your 20ga.
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/592704 ... auge-matte

No problem.

There are a few companies making them. I have a Millett. Also Weaver. Just make sure it's for the 20ga.

Anyone else have any info also I couldn't find a saddle mount for the mav 88 20 ga is there one for another gun that is used instead.

Pretty much anything that would fit the Mossberg 500 will fit it with the exception of the for end. There is a way to do that too, its just not a direct replacement. Being that you have a 20 guard and most stocks are mad for the 12 gauge the stock will probably be slightly bigger in diameter, but nothing too bad.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

Most 12g stocks will fit but you need to be careful with the pistol grip designs. Thwe have a recessed area for the bolt release and if it is barely deep enough for the 12g it may not work with the 20g without some modification if at all.

Sent from somewhere using Tapatalk2

Thanks guys I want to use the talon 6 position stock. For the fore grip I want one that has rails so I have the ability to attach some more accessories. I like how the millet saddle looks but I am afraid of it moving around a lot.

So I sent ati an email for the stock. What does everyone think of the millet or b squared saddles? Which one would you recommend

josh fuller said:
So I sent ati an email for the stock. What does everyone think of the millet or b squared saddles? Which one would you recommend

I have a millett on my 12ga and it is solid.

If you decide to go with Millett give them a call if they make a 20ga one. (888) 276-5945

Ok I talked to millet and was told that there saddle would not work. Has anyone used this saddle on a mav 88 20 ga. Also doe anyone know if the 20 ga talon 5-sided aluminum forend Part #A.5.10.1161 will work in the model 88 and will the talon t2 6 position adjustable stock with scorpion recoil system work for the model 88 if it is for the miss erg 500 20 ga part# A.1.10.1471

The Millett will not fit the 20ga.

Aimtec has one for the 20ga. I posted it above.

It will most likely work. You will also most likely have to file down the plastic where your action lock lever is. I have put one on my wife's 20 gauge before

Back