• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Operators Field Bag – Pink # CVOFB2923P By NcStar

mark32812

.270 WIN
Supporter
I bought this pink NcStar Vism range bag for my wife last summer. Yes a pink bag. My logic is so no one mainly myself would take her bag for their own use. It is somewhat shallow of me but it is after all, her bag. It was not my plan when I bought this bag to do a review but, since we used it just as long as the range bag I use and reviewed , I may as well talk about it. My first opinion is that this range bag did not feel sturdy once I opened it out of the shipping box.

This bag started to fall apart the first month of taking it partially loaded to the range once a week. The first to come off were the pull-tabs on the zippers. Since I had some leather thongs at home I cut a piece off and used it on the first zipper tab. My wife only carried one pistol, a hard cased Walther P-22 with 100 or so rounds, one set of earmuffs eye protection and a hat. Not a whole lot of weigh or stuff crammed in to the bag.

After six weeks of use, we got my wife an M&P shield and I found her a pink soft case to keep it in her range bag. So now we have two pistols in her bag so add a box of fifty 9mm rounds. The second zipper pull broke off and is fixed with another leather tab tied to the zipper.

Now the third month my wife is only going to the range once every other week, so her bag is being used less. However she is going to the range by herself, so she added a Winchester universal cleaning kit, and one AP brush. The zipper on the side pocket where she keeps her earmuffs splits and it not repairable. The bag is straining to hold two pistols with 100 rounds of 22LR ammo and 50 rounds of 9mm. As well as one set of earmuffs and safety glasses. The cleaning gear weighs about the same as one box of 22 LR ammo. If I would have added full water bottles to this bag I am sure the bag would burst. Now the so called water bottle pocket fit a box of 9mm ammo just fine.

My overall impression of the pink NcStar Vism range bag is that it is a piece of crap. I also got her a rifle case that matches her bag that she has barley used at all so it has yet to fall apart. I am sure once it is used it too will fall apart. My plan is to replace this bag with a proper range bag real soon.

That NCStar stuff can be hit or miss.

Posted this a while back. I've used this Canon camera bag for years and it's still going strong...

Here's mine. I carry my pistol range gear in a large Canon camera bag...

I like the padded dividers for separating pistols and ammo...

There's a wide pocket underneath the lid that's perfect for my extended mags...

The side pockets hold about a dozen mags each...

The front pocket is perfect for carrying eye protection, ear plugs, tools, etc...

If I were guessing, the variance in quality would be from the particular shop they used at any particular time to make the stuff with.

I am sure they've used many different ones and opt to go with the least expensive one at any given time.

I know there are some that have used NCStar scopes with good results, but I have not been impressed with any that I have looked through.

Canted crosshairs, "blinking dots" upon recoil, poor electronics, etc. It why I avoid the brand altogether.

How many clicked this just to see a pink field bag? LOL

I've not used the bags but the scopes have been hit or miss, mostly miss though I have a pistol scope that is still going strong.

pink snip.PNG pink snip 2.PNG

Here is the bag I was talking about. I think when it gives up the ghost, I am going to let my wife pick out and pay for the next bag.

Back