• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Any idea where to find a 28" 8 shot Persuader barrel?

Just ordered and SA-20 and about to order a 930 JM. With nothing to do but wait a week for a phone call, I started poking around my other Mossbergs... I've got a Persuader hiding in the back of the safe that I went all tacticool on about 10 years ago and added GRS and had the barrel threaded for chokes. I've got no love for the GRS any more, but would like to get the old girl back out to do something productive. At least I can chase a bird or two with a field barrel, right?

So, does anyone know where I could find a 28" barrel for the 8 shot Persuader? I know I've seen them in the past, but for the life of me, with all the anti-2A search engines, I can't find crap any more. :(

TIA,
:cool:

The 28" barrels I am aware of fit the shorter (5+1) mag tube. Might be worth picking a mag tube up for $30 or so, then a matching 28" barrel for $100 or so.

Give Havlin a call they have 5 shot mag tubes for $15. Ask them for a barrel also,;)
(636) 937-6401

Well fortunately, the gal at Mossberg Customer Service, despite sounding like a 16 yr. old girl chewing gum, was actually quite helpful today, found me the right part number (12293), and took my order for a new 28" Persuader barrel. Granted, now I have to wait somewhere between 4-12 weeks for delivery, but a 28" Accuchoke barrel with a modified tube ought to arrive in time for next hunting season. Sum total of $143.95 delivered, so I'll put that in the win column, even if only by a small margin.

Does Havlin actually list barrels on their website somewhere that I'm missing, or do I just need to give them a call and see what's on their shelves?

That's great. I didn't think they made it anymore.

As far as Havlin, they have a ton of stuff not listed on their web site. You need to call them.

That's great. I didn't think they made it anymore.

As far as Havlin, they have a ton of stuff not listed on their web site. You need to call them.

Apparently, everything's pretty much "made to order" now as she gave me the same response regarding my 18.5" .410 barrel inquiry. I'll give Havlin a call on that though, worst case is it's $75 direct from Mossberg along with another 2-3 month wait.

I've killed several birds with a 20" .....just sayn screw the wait

Oh yeah, me too, I've been doing all my (admittedly very informal) trap, sporting clays, and upland game hunting for the past 5 yrs with a dressed out Saiga 12. A Poly-choke makes even the shortest of barrels reach out and smack something quite nicely.

With the Mossy, I've got the GRS soldered to the front end and I am wanting to de-clutter the FOV...

Yeah and the right ammo can go a long way with today's shot column technology

Can you post some photos? I'd like to see how that long tube looks under a 28" barrel.

Also....How is the finish? Is it matte or blue?

I really wish that Mossberg would list all their barrels somewhere. There are a lot available that don't seem to exist unless you call.

True. You can call and order just about any Mossberg barrel, but be prepared to wait.:rolleyes:

Back