• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Wooden swords

GunnyGene

Racist old man
BANNED
Remember when you were a kid and you'd make simple wooden swords and have it out with your best friend? Used trash can lids for shields?

Well, here's a wooden sword and knife made from Cocobolo, that would have been the envy of every 8 year old in the state. Ran across this on one of the sites I frequent, while looking for some technical data on the wood, and thought y'all would like this. Hand made by a woodworker in Mexico. I really like the shape of both the sword and the knife. :D If you're not familiar with this species, it's about 3 times the strength and hardness of hickory. Very dense (doesn't float), and is nearly impervious to rot, insects, etc.

cocobolo%20knife%202%20s100%20plh.jpg

We just used the straightest sticks we could find. This is way above anything we had sword fights with.

Too cool.

I love Cocobolo for gun grips...

Cocobolo is also one of my favorites, made a couple keepsake boxes and knife grips from it (got one in work now in fact), but it's hell on cutting tools. Much more difficult to work than common domestic hardwoods like walnut, etc. Also fairly expensive, about $30/bf and up.

Very nice swords.

I have a few wooden martial arts practice swords but nothing like these in terms of quality.

Damn...you guys had swords and shields !?

We had dirt bombs...rocks...and, if we were lucky...football helmets

Snow balls in the winter....dead batteries...hell, we attacked Santa Claus at an Eagles Game

Tough neighborhood...Philly

Back