• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

N.E. Mississippi wildlife

GunnyGene

Racist old man
BANNED
We have some critters around here that get pretty big, and that some of y'all don't have to worry about. I've mentioned the hog problem before, but it seems like the gators are keeping things under control at least for now. This one was taken last year in the southern part of the state, but we have some good sized ones in the TennTom waterway and the cypress swamps and lakes near me also. Don't see them often unless you go out at night with a flashlight and then you'll probably spot 40 or 50 pairs of eyeballs floating around.

13'5", 792lbs

dsc_3396_439x291.jpg

Here's the range map for them. The blue dots follow the waterways and are the known sightings as of 2013. I'm the 4th county from the top on the eastern border.

2013_alligator_range_map.jpg

Yeah, I'm glad I don't have any gators.

Looks like your county is getting over-run though.

Well in twenty-fourteen we took a little trip
Along with Gunny Gene down the mighty Mississip...
We took a little bacon and we took a little bean
And we met up with the gators in the town of Aberdeen
We fired our guns and the gators kept a comin'
There wasn't quite as many as there was a while ago
We fired once more and they began to runnin'
Down the Mississippi to the Gulf of Mexico

Well in twenty-fourteen we took a little trip
Along with Gunny Gene down the mighty Mississip...
We took a little bacon and we took a little bean
And we met up with the gators in the town of Aberdeen
We fired our guns and the gators kept a comin'
There wasn't quite as many as there was a while ago
We fired once more and they began to runnin'
Down the Mississippi to the Gulf of Mexico

:D Johnny Horton.

Btw, for y'all not edicated on gators, they ain't very smart. They have a brain that will fit in a teaspoon. But they've been around for quite a few million years, which goes to show that the jury is still out on whether a big brain is a desirable survival trait or not. So far the evidence favors tiny brains and big mouths with lots of teeth. ;)

Last edited:
Back