• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Hello from Tennessee

Capman

.22LR
I mostly shoot handguns (pistols), wanted to play some with a shotgun. I recently bought a 500 plain jane (Persuader 6-shot).
I am not new to forums, as I belong to a few. I understand how much valuable information a forum can offer. Looks like a wealth of ideas and information can be found here.

Welcome to the forum from NY and congrats on your new Mossy.:)

Welcome to the group from NJ ....... dont forget we love to see some pics ........
Right now, a jpeg off the Mossberg site would suffice as it is still pretty much OEM. I am a big fan of ATI products. Have some ordered. Once upgraded, I will share. ;)

Welcome aboard!

What part of TN are you in? I'm in the Nashville area. We've got a great group of folks here on Mossberg Owners and the atmosphere is very laid back. The only thing we like better than discussing each other's guns is lookin at 'em, so we're lookin forward to pics of your new 500. Take a look around and feel free to post up pics of any other firearms you own in the various sub-forums. You'll find that we're into a lot more than just Mossberg around here. Jump in on the conversation anywhere and let us know if you have any questions.

Enjoy the site!

- L.E.S.

Welcome from your barely northern neighbor.

Good morning from ohio, and welcome to MO!

I too have a Persuader, not too fancy, just enough to suit me. We'd all love to see it when you're able!

Welcome aboard!

What part of TN are you in? I'm in the Nashville area. We've got a great group of folks here on Mossberg Owners and the atmosphere is very laid back. The only thing we like better than discussing each other's guns is lookin at 'em, so we're lookin forward to pics of your new 500. Take a look around and feel free to post up pics of any other firearms you own in the various sub-forums. You'll find that we're into a lot more than just Mossberg around here. Jump in on the conversation anywhere and let us know if you have any questions.

Enjoy the site!

- L.E.S.
I live in Smyrna... just a hop and a skip. Looking to move to Hermitage in the next few months. I belong to On Target in Murfreesboro (indoor range). Looking to get used to the 500 there. They are OK with slugs and 00. I have some NobleSport with 65 caliber ball and 6 #1. They said that would be OK also, just no bird shot. Tears up the equipment. I tried to shoot there a while back, but could only get two shells in the tube. :eek: I thought I had assembled incorrectly after cleaning. Thank goodness for google. The stick is out and I am ready to go back. Too bad I didn't join sooner. I am sure that has been posted many times. :)

My wife has friends out in Smyrna.

We're just outside of Mt. Juliet. I shoot at Strategic Edge out in Chapel Hill...

http://www.mossbergowners.com/forum/index.php?threads/new-1250yd-range-open-in-chapel-hill-tn.9219/

It's a bit of a drive get'n there, but well worth it for $150 year. The facilities are second to none. We have a dedicated shotgun pit where you can shoot/pattern whatever you want and a new shotgun 5-stand for bustin up clays.

Be careful with that .65 ball ammo. I've shot a lot of it and that ball is EXTREMELY unpredictable once it leaves the barrel. I've seen it shift a foot and a half off last impact between shots with the same point of aim at 50 yards and as much as four feet at 100 yards. Close in you'll probably be OK, but I won't shoot it at a target with less than a three foot wide frame at any more than 25 yards...

My wife has friends out in Smyrna.

We're just outside of Mt. Juliet. I shoot at Strategic Edge out in Chapel Hill...

http://www.mossbergowners.com/forum/index.php?threads/new-1250yd-range-open-in-chapel-hill-tn.9219/

It's a bit of a drive get'n there, but well worth it for $150 year. The facilities are second to none. We have a dedicated shotgun pit where you can shoot/pattern whatever you want and a new shotgun 5-stand for bustin up clays.

Be careful with that .65 ball ammo. I've shot a lot of it and that ball is EXTREMELY unpredictable once it leaves the barrel. I've seen it shift a foot and a half off last impact between shots with the same point of aim at 50 yards and as much as four feet at 100 yards. Close in you'll probably be OK, but I won't shoot it at a target with less than a three foot wide frame at any more than 25 yards...

That is good to know. I have shot just a few slugs so far. Pretty hefty kick. I will be careful with the Noble Sport. I don't want to make them mad at the range.
I have the ATI Akita stock and forend. Just recently obtained the ATI Halo heat shield with Ghost ring and the Halo Side Saddle full 9. The Heat shield had incorrect hardware. Tying to get them to send me the correct screws for the Ghost Ring. Once all is put together, I will post some pics along with a couple of 9s. I am a cheap shooter, so no pretty toys, but good ones. My favorite is a Sig Pro 2022. It shoots great. On the range, it makes me look a bit better than I am. :rolleyes:

Welcome from MI!!

Back