• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

cut it or leave it alone?

Yeah. Another example of forbidding a perfectly suitable self defense firearm that was in wide use in Italy, and other parts of Europe, against potential wolves while out hunting. So our feds come along and ban it because some enterprising Mafia types used them to off each other. Seems to me that the anti's would love this gun, since they are only single or double shot. No 'large cap mag', not semi auto, much harder to conceal than a handgun, etc.
^ that is so funny but so true [emoji23]

By that definition the Mossy chainsaw isn't a shotgun?

^ By that definition any Mossberg Cruiser isn't a shotgun.

A stripped AR-15 receiver is not a rifle until a stock is affixed. Similar situation with a 12 gauge receiver that has never has a stock affixed. It's not a shotgun...

When I bought my persuader in 1988 it came with a pistol grip attached from the factory with a stock in the box.

Does that mean it's not a shotgun?:confused:,,,,,and if so WTF is it?

I believe that the exception states something to the effect that the firearm must be shipped from the manufacturer with only a pistol grip. If it ships with both, there's no way to determine that the stock was never fitted at the factory before shipping. The prevailing assumption is that it was at one point fitted to the receiver...

Thank you. I was afraid after all these years I didn't own a shotgun.:D

Some crazy laws.

The next president needs to revisit the NFA and loosen some "restrictions" such as barrel length and suppressor "badness". The "loopholes" many go through to have a SBR or SBS and the new state laws allowing suppressor use are evidence of a market that needs to be supported.

Even knocking a couple inches off minimum barrel length of rifles and shotguns would allow the ATF to be downsized because there would be less regulation needed. I doubt very much the taxes collected do much to cover the cost of enforcing such "restrictions". This will be a requirement of my presidential candidate! ;) Or at least the willingness to think about it...

PS: and think of all the LEO and Mil surplus that would now be available to US citizens. :D M-4, anyone? ;) But I'd rather have the gubmint sell surplus weaponry to us, than to to "give" it to some shixhole country where it can be used AGAINST us! :eek:

The NFA is an archaic, obsolete law based on the wrongdoings of 1920s-1930s "gangsters"... :mad: Times have changed, my brothers and sisters.

Yes they have changed, but not all for the better.

Well, the downside is you'll lose the chokes if that makes any difference to you,

You can always have barrels rethreaded for choke tubes as long as there is enough material there to do so.

So if a barreled receiver and a stock have ever been in the same room together it's an SBS?

No, but they do try to hide behind the "constructive intent" bullshit far too often as a way to instill fear and intimidate.

I know some guys who don't even want to own an AR15 pistol with a spare receiver. That's stupid, but it is that way.

Back