• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Time for a Limbsaver

My 14yr old says my gun now is similar to his 20gauge, if not less impact... just saying. His words, not mine.

Semper Fi my Brothers & Sisters in Arms.

Archametes said:
Limbsaver model: 10019 is the snap on style I got for my ATI stock. Fits over the butt stock like a glove. And greatly reduces the felt recoil on 00 Buck. I HIGHLY recommend it to anyone with an adjustable stock.

Great! That's what I ordered. I can't wait to get it and try it out.

Not sure how your recoil pad is now thickness wise, but I had to take my ATI one off to fit this one on.

Archametes said:
Not sure how your recoil pad is now thickness wise, but I had to take my ATI one off to fit this one on.

It's comparable to the ATI. I assumed it would need to come off.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Limbsaver is in and installed. The original recoil pad came off easily (three screws). I was a bit skeptical that the Limbsaver would snap on securely but it fits tight around the but stock. So, if you have a Phoenix 6 position stock, the AR-15 Limbsaver will fit it.

Now I have something else to test at the range! :D

Bought a Maverick 88 at WalMart Saturday, got it to the range yesterday (Wednesday), tracked down a LimbSaver on the way home from the range. :)

I'll get pictures and a review together once I get time to get it on (Easter weekend, Florida, visitors....)

Jeff

tomservo92 said:
deputy tom said:
I took my then new 12 ga 88 to the range. Within 30 shots of mixed ammo I had blood raised to the skin surface and long lasting bruising. I bought a Limbsaver the next day and it was like night and day. I'll get one for my 20 ga once I determine what stock length feels best. YMMV. tom. :cool:

I just put one on order. I just hope it fits my stock.

I'm glad it fit.. I bought mine at a local GM and paid twice the price as on-line just to forego any problems and un-needed postage. Now I know the product number and can buy cheaper the next time. tom.

I finally got a chance today to go to the range. The Limbsaver makes a huge difference! I love it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Limbsaver sizes

Small
1" thick L.O.P.
4 - 1/2” X 1 - 1/2”
Up to: 4 13/16” X 1 - 5/8”

Medium
1" thick L.O.P.
4 - 13/16” X 1 - 5/8”
Up to: 5 - 1/8” X 1 - 3/4”

Large
1" thick L.O.P.
5 - 1/8” X 1 - 3/4”
Up to: 5 - 3/8” X 1 - 7/8”

Small/
Medium
1/2" thick L.O.P.
4 - 5/8” X 1 - 9/16”
Up to: 5 - 1/8” X 1 - 3/4”

http://www.limbsaver.com/technical/templates.php

408essj said:
Definatly thinking about the limbsaver

30 rounds of pheasant loads last night on the firing my maverick and was surprised on the ummph it had with my aftermarket stock. I can only imagine how bad it would have been with the factory stock on.

Nonetheless slight redness a badge of shotgun honor

Wow, your SG gave you tattoos! Sweet! I need to shoot mine more...LOL. I need more ink...

I have Limbsavers on my 930, 500, IJ dbl barrel (need to see how well it works). Got a couple slip-ons for the ones that the screw on pads don't fit. I believe in them. The stock 930 pad was adequate but the LS is much nicer when making a run of 24 rounds in 3 gun.

I gave one of the new AirTec Limbsaver pads to my son for his 88..and it truly is the best,softest shooting recoil pad I have ever used. I had installed the oversized regular grind to fit 'Speed mount' on my Choate Mark 5 pg stock and was amazed at how much it reduced felt recoil. It made the biggest difference when shooting 3" mag 00 buck and slugs.

Shot some slugs yesterday, must say I was underimpressed . Should have kept my money and spent it on ammo

Norm

Back