• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Coyote Calls...Which do you use and how do you like it?

DHonovich

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Sponsor
"Philanthropist"
Coyote Calls...Which do you use and how do you like it?

I have all the primos hand calls to try out this season but if you have the money the fox pro looks like it is about as good as it gets when it comes to electronic calls.

I made my own electronic call a while back. It uses a MP3 player and some stuff from Radio Shack. I'll have to see if I have any pics.

Since I built it I really havent had enough free time to try it much so I can't say whether it is truely effective or not.

Fox Pro seems like the way to go, I hope to get one at some point, but i'm short on cash at the moment. My buddy has a electronic call from Cabela's, I'm not sure exactly what it is but I'll try and get some details when I see him this weekend.

There are a few cheaper electronic calls. I've got a hand call. If you've got a tape player that's portable you might find a tape with calls on it. There are sounds you can load on to an MP3 player also

MikeD said:
I made my own electronic call a while back. It uses a MP3 player and some stuff from Radio Shack. I'll have to see if I have any pics.

Since I built it I really havent had enough free time to try it much so I can't say whether it is truely effective or not.

Find any pix of it Mike?

This is the only one I can find, which I took before I had a dedicated mp3 player:

DIYGameCall_zps004e9cee.jpg

It's pretty simple. Couple cables, PA speaker and an amplifier. The quality of the recordings make a big difference. (these can also be found online)

I found the directions online here

Interesting. I have a bullhorn, I wonder if I can rig up somethin...

Thanx mike!!

I have an IcoTech. Good call, sounds REALLY good, but not expandable.

Old thread and I'm dusting it off for something I just figured out.

I have a smart phone, specifically an iPhone 4S. There is a plethora of calling apps out there available for the low low price of free and some higher end apps for a couple bucks.

Thanks to my modern tech savvy teens and their fancy Bluetooth devices including external wireless speakers, I've found iPhone+Bluetooth device = electronic call!

Some apps have adds, some you can hear a faint electric noise running under the call. Looks like some of the not free apps have other features which allow the calls to be customized to some degree.

The speaker I'm using runs to 70db I think. Don't know if that's enough but one guy told me most people call too loudly anyway and that it's probably fine.

Last edited:
These two;

image.jpg image.jpg

I'm liking the first one the most right now. #1, it's free, #2 the calls are longer and don't loop.

The second cost $.99 but the calls are short and loop with little time to cut them off. Maybe with more practice, but so far I keep cutting it off in the middle of a call.

There's a free one from Ruger called ihunt but I haven't updated my phone and the app requires a more recent operating system.

image.jpg

Thats the one I have. It works. Some of em...when they gather in the cemetery down the road and start howlin, I can get em to come closer to me on my porch. Michele doesn't like it when I do though. She thinks they'll come around our house and try eat Burl...
So....I don't do it much...

I can't run that one, maybe when I get another phone in a few months.

HmmmIt seems that androids aps are different. I cant find the first one...

They have some apps that crossover between platforms but I'm not surprised there are some that don't.

I can't run that one, maybe when I get another phone in a few months.

You sticking with iphone?

I got the droid turbo...its awesome..not the droid turbo2, that one is not good.

Back